Feb. 1 deadline for Tooling and Machine scholarship applications
The Rock River Valley Tooling and Machining Association (RRVTMA) is offering five $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors graduating in spring 2014. This offering supports a focus of the association’s mission, namely, “promoting and emphasizing education.”
The RRVTMA hopes that awarding scholarships to high school seniors pursuing a manufacturing-related degree program will encourage more young people to pursue careers in manufacturing.
Following are the criteria for the scholarship:
• Must be an individual who is a high school senior graduating in 2014;
• Primary residence must be in Winnebago, Boone, Ogle, Stephenson or Whiteside County in Illinois or Rock or Walworth County in Wisconsin;
• Must be a U.S. citizen or documented permanent resident of the United States;
• Intended course of study is in a manufacturing technology or manufacturing engineering-related major;
• Must plan to attend a community college, technical college or four-year college or university; and
• In an essay, applicants must state their interest in a manufacturing industry career, what event or series of events led them to this decision, and specific career goals after graduation from college.
To apply for this scholarship, download the Scholarship Application Packet fromwww.RRVTMA.com/scholarships. The completed application must be received by RRVTMA by the Feb. 1, 2014, deadline. Incomplete and late applications will not be accepted.
Anyone with questions should contact RRVTMA Apprentice Administrator Don Williams at (815) 978-3698 or email@example.com.
Posted Jan. 29, 2014