- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Philip Seymour Hoffman dead from heroin overdose
Online Staff Report
Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his New York apartment Sunday, Feb. 2, according to multiple reports from law enforcement.
According to reports, Hoffman died from an apparent heroin overdose. The actor had recently completed a 10-day stint in rehab for snorting the drug.
Hoffman’s filmography includes Scent of a Woman, Along Came Polly, When a Man Loves a Woman and 2005’s Capote, for which he won an Oscar for Best Actor.
Hoffman was 46.
Posted Feb. 2, 2014