- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Philip Seymour Hoffman dead from heroin overdose
Online Staff Report
Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his New York apartment Sunday, Feb. 2, according to multiple reports from law enforcement.
According to reports, Hoffman died from an apparent heroin overdose. The actor had recently completed a 10-day stint in rehab for snorting the drug.
Hoffman’s filmography includes Scent of a Woman, Along Came Polly, When a Man Loves a Woman and 2005’s Capote, for which he won an Oscar for Best Actor.
Hoffman was 46.
Posted Feb. 2, 2014