- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
Philip Seymour Hoffman dead from heroin overdose
Online Staff Report
Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his New York apartment Sunday, Feb. 2, according to multiple reports from law enforcement.
According to reports, Hoffman died from an apparent heroin overdose. The actor had recently completed a 10-day stint in rehab for snorting the drug.
Hoffman’s filmography includes Scent of a Woman, Along Came Polly, When a Man Loves a Woman and 2005’s Capote, for which he won an Oscar for Best Actor.
Hoffman was 46.
Posted Feb. 2, 2014