- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Discovery Center to host annual Chocolate Sundae Sunday Feb. 9
Online Staff Report
Chocolate and ice cream are all mixed up together for an afternoon of fun when Rockford’s Discovery Center hosts its annual Valentine’s treat, Chocolate Sundae Sunday, from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 9.
Families will have fun creating and eating their own chocolate, strawberry or caramel sundae concoctions with all the fixings. Children can go artsy-craftsy at the valentine-creation station. Ice cream lovers will be able to enjoy it all while listening to the sounds of the Auburn Jazz Ensemble.
Admission for general public is $2.50 per person; members are $1.50. Admission to the museum is separate, but not necessary to only attend Chocolate Sundae Sunday.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission is $8 adults, $8 children ages 2-17, and free to museum members and children age 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014