- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Discovery Center to host annual Chocolate Sundae Sunday Feb. 9
Online Staff Report
Chocolate and ice cream are all mixed up together for an afternoon of fun when Rockford’s Discovery Center hosts its annual Valentine’s treat, Chocolate Sundae Sunday, from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 9.
Families will have fun creating and eating their own chocolate, strawberry or caramel sundae concoctions with all the fixings. Children can go artsy-craftsy at the valentine-creation station. Ice cream lovers will be able to enjoy it all while listening to the sounds of the Auburn Jazz Ensemble.
Admission for general public is $2.50 per person; members are $1.50. Admission to the museum is separate, but not necessary to only attend Chocolate Sundae Sunday.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission is $8 adults, $8 children ages 2-17, and free to museum members and children age 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014