- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Dodge ball tournament to benefit Children’s Safe Harbor
Dodge ballers are gearing up to hit the court for a great cause. Dodge ball team registrations are now being accepted for the Fourth Annual “I Dodged a Ball for a Kid” dodge ball tournament to benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
The good-natured, family-oriented tournament will be at 9 a.m. Saturday, April 12, at Jefferson High School, 4145 Samuelson Road, Rockford. The event is a 32-team tournament that will be operated in round robin format. Each team will be composed of six to 12 players with six players engaged in competition. The team entry fee is $125. Players must be 16 years of age or older. Entry fee to observe the tournament is $2. All proceeds will benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
Children’s Safe Harbor is also seeking sponsorship and donations for the tournament and silent auction that will be held on event day.
From the Feb. 5-11, 2014, issue