- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Dodge ball tournament to benefit Children’s Safe Harbor
Dodge ballers are gearing up to hit the court for a great cause. Dodge ball team registrations are now being accepted for the Fourth Annual “I Dodged a Ball for a Kid” dodge ball tournament to benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
The good-natured, family-oriented tournament will be at 9 a.m. Saturday, April 12, at Jefferson High School, 4145 Samuelson Road, Rockford. The event is a 32-team tournament that will be operated in round robin format. Each team will be composed of six to 12 players with six players engaged in competition. The team entry fee is $125. Players must be 16 years of age or older. Entry fee to observe the tournament is $2. All proceeds will benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
Children’s Safe Harbor is also seeking sponsorship and donations for the tournament and silent auction that will be held on event day.
From the Feb. 5-11, 2014, issue