- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Dodge ball tournament to benefit Children’s Safe Harbor
Dodge ballers are gearing up to hit the court for a great cause. Dodge ball team registrations are now being accepted for the Fourth Annual “I Dodged a Ball for a Kid” dodge ball tournament to benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
The good-natured, family-oriented tournament will be at 9 a.m. Saturday, April 12, at Jefferson High School, 4145 Samuelson Road, Rockford. The event is a 32-team tournament that will be operated in round robin format. Each team will be composed of six to 12 players with six players engaged in competition. The team entry fee is $125. Players must be 16 years of age or older. Entry fee to observe the tournament is $2. All proceeds will benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
Children’s Safe Harbor is also seeking sponsorship and donations for the tournament and silent auction that will be held on event day.
From the Feb. 5-11, 2014, issue