- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Dodge ball tournament to benefit Children’s Safe Harbor
Dodge ballers are gearing up to hit the court for a great cause. Dodge ball team registrations are now being accepted for the Fourth Annual “I Dodged a Ball for a Kid” dodge ball tournament to benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
The good-natured, family-oriented tournament will be at 9 a.m. Saturday, April 12, at Jefferson High School, 4145 Samuelson Road, Rockford. The event is a 32-team tournament that will be operated in round robin format. Each team will be composed of six to 12 players with six players engaged in competition. The team entry fee is $125. Players must be 16 years of age or older. Entry fee to observe the tournament is $2. All proceeds will benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
Children’s Safe Harbor is also seeking sponsorship and donations for the tournament and silent auction that will be held on event day.
From the Feb. 5-11, 2014, issue