- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Dodge ball tournament to benefit Children’s Safe Harbor
Dodge ballers are gearing up to hit the court for a great cause. Dodge ball team registrations are now being accepted for the Fourth Annual “I Dodged a Ball for a Kid” dodge ball tournament to benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
The good-natured, family-oriented tournament will be at 9 a.m. Saturday, April 12, at Jefferson High School, 4145 Samuelson Road, Rockford. The event is a 32-team tournament that will be operated in round robin format. Each team will be composed of six to 12 players with six players engaged in competition. The team entry fee is $125. Players must be 16 years of age or older. Entry fee to observe the tournament is $2. All proceeds will benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
Children’s Safe Harbor is also seeking sponsorship and donations for the tournament and silent auction that will be held on event day.
From the Feb. 5-11, 2014, issue