- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Elder financial abuse topic of Feb. 13 event at NIU — Rockford
Online Staff Report
The Gummow Wealth Advisory Group of Wells Fargo Advisors is hosting a free seminar for the public: “Community Service Event on Elder Financial Abuse” at NIU — Rockford (8500 E. State St., Rockford), at 9 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 13. Refreshments will be served.
Led by Managing Director — Investment Officer Bradley Gummow, the seminar will address the issue of elder financial abuse. Elder financial abuse is more common than you think. According to Wells Fargo research, older Americans lose at least $2.9 billion each year to financial victimizers. Nearly one in five Americans older than 65 have fallen victim to financial abuse.
Gummow will help attendees learn how to spot elder financial abuse and how to prevent it from happening. The event will also feature guest speaker Marilyn Hite Ross, chief of the Criminal Bureau for the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office.
Advanced reservations are requested for the event by Tuesday, Feb. 11, by calling (815) 921-0534 or e-mailing Denise.Larson@wfadvisors.com.
Gummow has 30 years of experience in the financial services industry. He has been a frequent commentator on business news for several Rockford television stations including WREX, WIFR, WQRF and WTVO. The Gummow Wealth Advisory Group of Wells Fargo Advisors maintains offices in Rockford and Chicago.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014