- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Elder financial abuse topic of Feb. 13 event at NIU — Rockford
Online Staff Report
The Gummow Wealth Advisory Group of Wells Fargo Advisors is hosting a free seminar for the public: “Community Service Event on Elder Financial Abuse” at NIU — Rockford (8500 E. State St., Rockford), at 9 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 13. Refreshments will be served.
Led by Managing Director — Investment Officer Bradley Gummow, the seminar will address the issue of elder financial abuse. Elder financial abuse is more common than you think. According to Wells Fargo research, older Americans lose at least $2.9 billion each year to financial victimizers. Nearly one in five Americans older than 65 have fallen victim to financial abuse.
Gummow will help attendees learn how to spot elder financial abuse and how to prevent it from happening. The event will also feature guest speaker Marilyn Hite Ross, chief of the Criminal Bureau for the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office.
Advanced reservations are requested for the event by Tuesday, Feb. 11, by calling (815) 921-0534 or e-mailing Denise.Larson@wfadvisors.com.
Gummow has 30 years of experience in the financial services industry. He has been a frequent commentator on business news for several Rockford television stations including WREX, WIFR, WQRF and WTVO. The Gummow Wealth Advisory Group of Wells Fargo Advisors maintains offices in Rockford and Chicago.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014