- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Family Winter Warm-Up Party at Nicholas Conservatory Feb. 8
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District’s Nicholas Conservatory invites everyone to take a break from winter and enjoy an afternoon of tropical sights, sounds, food and aromas at the Family Winter Warm-Up Party from noon until 3 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 8.
Bring your board shorts and Hawaiian shirt for a much-needed winter warm-up with Hawaiian-themed food, games, entertainment and more. Food will be available for purchase from Toni’s of Winnebago. Admission to the party is included with paid conservatory admission; conservatory members are admitted free of charge.
For more about the conservatory and admission fees, programs, events and rental opportunities, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/ncg or call (815) 987-8858. This event is one of many free-with-admission activities at Nicholas Conservatory, and one of the many low-fee opportunities offered by the Rockford Park District.
Nicholas Conservatory is at 1354 N. Second St., Rockford.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014