- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Family Winter Warm-Up Party at Nicholas Conservatory Feb. 8
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District’s Nicholas Conservatory invites everyone to take a break from winter and enjoy an afternoon of tropical sights, sounds, food and aromas at the Family Winter Warm-Up Party from noon until 3 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 8.
Bring your board shorts and Hawaiian shirt for a much-needed winter warm-up with Hawaiian-themed food, games, entertainment and more. Food will be available for purchase from Toni’s of Winnebago. Admission to the party is included with paid conservatory admission; conservatory members are admitted free of charge.
For more about the conservatory and admission fees, programs, events and rental opportunities, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/ncg or call (815) 987-8858. This event is one of many free-with-admission activities at Nicholas Conservatory, and one of the many low-fee opportunities offered by the Rockford Park District.
Nicholas Conservatory is at 1354 N. Second St., Rockford.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014