- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Family Winter Warm-Up Party at Nicholas Conservatory Feb. 8
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District’s Nicholas Conservatory invites everyone to take a break from winter and enjoy an afternoon of tropical sights, sounds, food and aromas at the Family Winter Warm-Up Party from noon until 3 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 8.
Bring your board shorts and Hawaiian shirt for a much-needed winter warm-up with Hawaiian-themed food, games, entertainment and more. Food will be available for purchase from Toni’s of Winnebago. Admission to the party is included with paid conservatory admission; conservatory members are admitted free of charge.
For more about the conservatory and admission fees, programs, events and rental opportunities, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/ncg or call (815) 987-8858. This event is one of many free-with-admission activities at Nicholas Conservatory, and one of the many low-fee opportunities offered by the Rockford Park District.
Nicholas Conservatory is at 1354 N. Second St., Rockford.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014