- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Family Winter Warm-Up Party at Nicholas Conservatory Feb. 8
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District’s Nicholas Conservatory invites everyone to take a break from winter and enjoy an afternoon of tropical sights, sounds, food and aromas at the Family Winter Warm-Up Party from noon until 3 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 8.
Bring your board shorts and Hawaiian shirt for a much-needed winter warm-up with Hawaiian-themed food, games, entertainment and more. Food will be available for purchase from Toni’s of Winnebago. Admission to the party is included with paid conservatory admission; conservatory members are admitted free of charge.
For more about the conservatory and admission fees, programs, events and rental opportunities, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/ncg or call (815) 987-8858. This event is one of many free-with-admission activities at Nicholas Conservatory, and one of the many low-fee opportunities offered by the Rockford Park District.
Nicholas Conservatory is at 1354 N. Second St., Rockford.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014