- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Knopp, Smith join Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful board
“Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful is pleased to welcome Paul Knopp and Dave Smith to our board of directors,” said KNIB Board President Bob McCreath. Knopp is owner of Knopp Construction; Smith is news director at WIFR-TV. Both are Rockford residents.
“We welcome the experience in non-profit board service and project management that Paul brings to the table, as well as the extensive expertise in broadcast communications, personnel management and social media that Dave will share,” McCreath continued. “Paul began his service to Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful in December; Dave in January. We look forward to their attendance at future committee and board meetings and volunteer opportunities throughout the year.”
Knopp is a native of Rockford and graduate of Drake University with a degree in marketing. He founded the local chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, is past president of the Rockford Jaycees; has been a vice president and director of the Hunger Connection; active at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church; and past president of Mauh Nah Tee See Club. He enjoys singing and belongs to the Barbershop Harmony Society.
Smith earned a bachelor of science degree from Butler University in Indianapolis. He advanced his broadcast journalism career at television stations in Indiana, New York, Tennessee and Ohio before coming to the CBS affiliate in Rockford in 2003. He has won Associated Press newscast, news operation, coverage and presentation awards in four states.
From the Feb. 5-11, 2014, issue