- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Knopp, Smith join Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful board
“Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful is pleased to welcome Paul Knopp and Dave Smith to our board of directors,” said KNIB Board President Bob McCreath. Knopp is owner of Knopp Construction; Smith is news director at WIFR-TV. Both are Rockford residents.
“We welcome the experience in non-profit board service and project management that Paul brings to the table, as well as the extensive expertise in broadcast communications, personnel management and social media that Dave will share,” McCreath continued. “Paul began his service to Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful in December; Dave in January. We look forward to their attendance at future committee and board meetings and volunteer opportunities throughout the year.”
Knopp is a native of Rockford and graduate of Drake University with a degree in marketing. He founded the local chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, is past president of the Rockford Jaycees; has been a vice president and director of the Hunger Connection; active at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church; and past president of Mauh Nah Tee See Club. He enjoys singing and belongs to the Barbershop Harmony Society.
Smith earned a bachelor of science degree from Butler University in Indianapolis. He advanced his broadcast journalism career at television stations in Indiana, New York, Tennessee and Ohio before coming to the CBS affiliate in Rockford in 2003. He has won Associated Press newscast, news operation, coverage and presentation awards in four states.
From the Feb. 5-11, 2014, issue