- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Knopp, Smith join Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful board
“Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful is pleased to welcome Paul Knopp and Dave Smith to our board of directors,” said KNIB Board President Bob McCreath. Knopp is owner of Knopp Construction; Smith is news director at WIFR-TV. Both are Rockford residents.
“We welcome the experience in non-profit board service and project management that Paul brings to the table, as well as the extensive expertise in broadcast communications, personnel management and social media that Dave will share,” McCreath continued. “Paul began his service to Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful in December; Dave in January. We look forward to their attendance at future committee and board meetings and volunteer opportunities throughout the year.”
Knopp is a native of Rockford and graduate of Drake University with a degree in marketing. He founded the local chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, is past president of the Rockford Jaycees; has been a vice president and director of the Hunger Connection; active at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church; and past president of Mauh Nah Tee See Club. He enjoys singing and belongs to the Barbershop Harmony Society.
Smith earned a bachelor of science degree from Butler University in Indianapolis. He advanced his broadcast journalism career at television stations in Indiana, New York, Tennessee and Ohio before coming to the CBS affiliate in Rockford in 2003. He has won Associated Press newscast, news operation, coverage and presentation awards in four states.
From the Feb. 5-11, 2014, issue