- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Park District names employee, team of the year
At a special employee excellence recognition ceremony Jan. 28, the Rockford Park District announced the 2013 Employee of the Year and 2013 Team of the Year.
Congratulations to Accounting Associate Dena Sanford, who was selected as the Rockford Park District 2013 Employee of the Year, and Mariah Anast, Cindy Bacher, Deana Bingham, Juli Bracken, Kerry Glavin, Peggy Hacker, Julia Halsted, Rita Keedi, Roberta Kohlhagen, Chureia Moye, Jean Olivencia, Kellie Olivencia, Cindy Rathke, Tonya Reuber, Rose Rostamo, Heidi Saavedra, Brenda Smith and Laurie Terre (administrative assistants), who were selected as 2013 Team of the Year by staff members through an online voting system.
2013 Employee of the Year
The Marketing Department has worked closely with many Rockford Park District facilities to generate revenue through special community buying offers such as Groupon and Living Social. These promotions have been a huge success and generated close to $100,000. Sanford took the lead to ensure checks arriving from these various community buying sites are being applied to the correct accounts and departments, which can be a challenging job, because the checks do not indicate which offers they are from. Sanford also participated in point-of-sale training for Golf Services employees, where she made a lasting impression on staff and helped to improve cash control for the 2013 season.
2013 Team of the Year
This team (names listed above) sets up community meetings, events and luncheons at various locations in the district and community on a daily basis. They schedule and keep track of deputy directors, department managers, seasonal and full-time staff. They also provide excellent customer service to staff and the community, all while assembling monitoring reports, board actions, staff recommendations, monthly analysis, keeping track of budgets, and take care of all the “little things” needed in their department.
From the Feb. 5-11, 2014, issue