- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
RVC Dental Hygiene Clinic seeks patients
Online Staff Report
Rock Valley College’s (RVC) Dental Hygiene Program is looking for patients who have not received regular routine dental hygiene (cleanings) for at least five years. The clinic offers low-cost dental hygiene preventive services. Patients will receive full oral examinations and professional cleanings.
Because of the educational nature of the program, several appointments will be necessary to complete care. Expect multiple appointments of 3 ½ hours in length. Depending on the time of the year and the needs of the students, not all patients who call will be appointed.
Additionally, the RVC Dental Hygiene Clinic is also seeking children ages 5-12 to come in for a professional cleaning performed by RVC Dental Hygiene students.
Additional services include dental exams, X-rays and fluoride varnish. Each patient will also receive a free toothbrush and toothpaste. All the cleanings are performed by students who are supervised by dental hygiene faculty consisting of registered dental hygienists and dentists.
The cost for these services average from $38 to $53, although fees may vary depending on each child’s or adult’s needs.
The dental hygiene clinic is in RVC’s Stenstrom Center for Career Education, 4151 Samuelson Road, just east of Jefferson High School in Rockford.
For more about the RVC Dental Hygiene Clinic or to schedule an appointment, call (815) 921-3235.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014