- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
RVC Dental Hygiene Clinic seeks patients
Online Staff Report
Rock Valley College’s (RVC) Dental Hygiene Program is looking for patients who have not received regular routine dental hygiene (cleanings) for at least five years. The clinic offers low-cost dental hygiene preventive services. Patients will receive full oral examinations and professional cleanings.
Because of the educational nature of the program, several appointments will be necessary to complete care. Expect multiple appointments of 3 ½ hours in length. Depending on the time of the year and the needs of the students, not all patients who call will be appointed.
Additionally, the RVC Dental Hygiene Clinic is also seeking children ages 5-12 to come in for a professional cleaning performed by RVC Dental Hygiene students.
Additional services include dental exams, X-rays and fluoride varnish. Each patient will also receive a free toothbrush and toothpaste. All the cleanings are performed by students who are supervised by dental hygiene faculty consisting of registered dental hygienists and dentists.
The cost for these services average from $38 to $53, although fees may vary depending on each child’s or adult’s needs.
The dental hygiene clinic is in RVC’s Stenstrom Center for Career Education, 4151 Samuelson Road, just east of Jefferson High School in Rockford.
For more about the RVC Dental Hygiene Clinic or to schedule an appointment, call (815) 921-3235.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014