- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
St. Paul Lutheran offers Paulapalooza Feb. 9
Online Staff Report
St. Paul Lutheran School and Little Lambs Learning Center/Daycare — 811 Locust St., Rockford — will host St. Paulapalooza from noon to 3 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 9. The party will be in the school gymnasium.
The day features a book fair and St. Paul’s open house. Interested families can meet with the admissions counselor and learn about St. Paul Lutheran School and Little Lambs Daycare.
Tours of the building will be given, and parents may talk to faculty members. Families can learn that St. Paul offers one of the lowest tuition levels in the entire Rockford region. St. Paul has again lowered tuition for the upcoming year. It is less than $68 a week for a kindergarten through eighth-grade education at St. Paul.
Many activities are planned for the St. Paulapalooza in addition to the open house. The Book Fair features a pirate theme. A children’s author will be present for a session and book-signing. The St. Paul Band will perform at 2:30 p.m., as well as singing by students at 2 p.m. A craft table will be set up and food is available. Those who attend can take advantage of face painting and creations from a balloon man.
St. Paul Lutheran School is a kindergarten through eighth-grade institution. The school is fully accredited by the NLSA (National Lutheran School Accreditation) and holds Illinois State Recognition. In addition to regular classroom offerings, St. Paul has computer education, a departmentalized junior high, on-line Accelerated Reading, drama productions, instrumental music education, religious instruction, weekly chapel services, Latin instruction, art specialist, hot lunch and a full range of interscholastic sports. St. Paul is also the home to Little Lambs Learning Center and Daycare. St. Paul Lutheran School was established in 1888.
St. Paul is at 811 Locust St. near downtown Rockford. More information can be found at the school’s website, www.StPaulLutheranSchool.com.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014