- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
St. Paul Lutheran offers Paulapalooza Feb. 9
Online Staff Report
St. Paul Lutheran School and Little Lambs Learning Center/Daycare — 811 Locust St., Rockford — will host St. Paulapalooza from noon to 3 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 9. The party will be in the school gymnasium.
The day features a book fair and St. Paul’s open house. Interested families can meet with the admissions counselor and learn about St. Paul Lutheran School and Little Lambs Daycare.
Tours of the building will be given, and parents may talk to faculty members. Families can learn that St. Paul offers one of the lowest tuition levels in the entire Rockford region. St. Paul has again lowered tuition for the upcoming year. It is less than $68 a week for a kindergarten through eighth-grade education at St. Paul.
Many activities are planned for the St. Paulapalooza in addition to the open house. The Book Fair features a pirate theme. A children’s author will be present for a session and book-signing. The St. Paul Band will perform at 2:30 p.m., as well as singing by students at 2 p.m. A craft table will be set up and food is available. Those who attend can take advantage of face painting and creations from a balloon man.
St. Paul Lutheran School is a kindergarten through eighth-grade institution. The school is fully accredited by the NLSA (National Lutheran School Accreditation) and holds Illinois State Recognition. In addition to regular classroom offerings, St. Paul has computer education, a departmentalized junior high, on-line Accelerated Reading, drama productions, instrumental music education, religious instruction, weekly chapel services, Latin instruction, art specialist, hot lunch and a full range of interscholastic sports. St. Paul is also the home to Little Lambs Learning Center and Daycare. St. Paul Lutheran School was established in 1888.
St. Paul is at 811 Locust St. near downtown Rockford. More information can be found at the school’s website, www.StPaulLutheranSchool.com.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014