- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center releases annual report
Online Staff Report
The SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center has released its online annual report for 2013. Available at www.swedishamerican.org/CAR, the report contains a summary of the cancer center’s analytic and non-analytic incidences of cancer cases in 2012.
Additionally, Radiation Oncologist Dr. Samuel Andrews has presented a comprehensive report on lung cancer. His report compares and analyzes the evaluation, incidence rates, gender, stage, treatments and survival of lung cancer in patients seen at the SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center and compares performance against the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB).
The new SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center opened its doors Oct. 15, 2013. At 3535 N. Bell School Road, Rockford, the outpatient cancer center offers advanced treatments under one roof and care that is coordinated by the region’s top specialists, including experts from UW Health and its nationally-recognized University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014