- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center releases annual report
Online Staff Report
The SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center has released its online annual report for 2013. Available at www.swedishamerican.org/CAR, the report contains a summary of the cancer center’s analytic and non-analytic incidences of cancer cases in 2012.
Additionally, Radiation Oncologist Dr. Samuel Andrews has presented a comprehensive report on lung cancer. His report compares and analyzes the evaluation, incidence rates, gender, stage, treatments and survival of lung cancer in patients seen at the SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center and compares performance against the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB).
The new SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center opened its doors Oct. 15, 2013. At 3535 N. Bell School Road, Rockford, the outpatient cancer center offers advanced treatments under one roof and care that is coordinated by the region’s top specialists, including experts from UW Health and its nationally-recognized University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014