- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center releases annual report
Online Staff Report
The SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center has released its online annual report for 2013. Available at www.swedishamerican.org/CAR, the report contains a summary of the cancer center’s analytic and non-analytic incidences of cancer cases in 2012.
Additionally, Radiation Oncologist Dr. Samuel Andrews has presented a comprehensive report on lung cancer. His report compares and analyzes the evaluation, incidence rates, gender, stage, treatments and survival of lung cancer in patients seen at the SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center and compares performance against the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB).
The new SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center opened its doors Oct. 15, 2013. At 3535 N. Bell School Road, Rockford, the outpatient cancer center offers advanced treatments under one roof and care that is coordinated by the region’s top specialists, including experts from UW Health and its nationally-recognized University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014