- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center releases annual report
Online Staff Report
The SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center has released its online annual report for 2013. Available at www.swedishamerican.org/CAR, the report contains a summary of the cancer center’s analytic and non-analytic incidences of cancer cases in 2012.
Additionally, Radiation Oncologist Dr. Samuel Andrews has presented a comprehensive report on lung cancer. His report compares and analyzes the evaluation, incidence rates, gender, stage, treatments and survival of lung cancer in patients seen at the SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center and compares performance against the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB).
The new SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center opened its doors Oct. 15, 2013. At 3535 N. Bell School Road, Rockford, the outpatient cancer center offers advanced treatments under one roof and care that is coordinated by the region’s top specialists, including experts from UW Health and its nationally-recognized University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014