- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Wine Tasting fund-raiser at Freeport Art Museum Feb. 7
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Celebrate the return of the popular Wine Tasting event at Freeport Art Museum (FAM) from 6 to 9 p.m., Friday, Feb. 7. Enjoy a variety of fine wines and locally crafted cheeses. All guests to this event will receive a commemorative wine glass. There is also a silent auction featuring top-rated wines paired with dinner packages or artistic wine-themed gifts.
New this year is a unique opportunity to win an original oil painting by Rockford artist Tom Linden. Titled “Before and After,” the painting measures 14 inches by 11 inches and includes a frame.
Raffle tickets are $1 each. The winner will be announced during the wine-tasting and does not need to be present to win.
More than 250 people attended last year’s event, raising $6,000 for the museum. Proceeds from the event support FAM’s mission to promote art and culture in Freeport and northwest Illinois. The museum supports artists, exhibitions and its collection through fund-raising, special gatherings and educational events.
Event and raffle tickets can be purchased online, by phone or in person. Visit www.freeportartmuseum.org and click on Special Events under the Events tab. Tickets are $30, $25 for members in advance; $30 at the door. New museum members receive one free ticket to the Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Tasting. If you are already a member, you will be eligible to receive two free tickets to the event simply by giving the gift of a membership to a friend.
FAM is at 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, Ill., and is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, and noon-5 p.m., Saturday. Admission is free, although donations are accepted. Call (815) 235-9755 for more details.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014