- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
YMCA board expands, announces new members
The YMCA of Rock River Valley has expanded its board of directors with four new members. Dick Bennett, David Gomel, Lucas Perks and Michelle Polivka have joined the board.
Each new member will serve a three-year term, assisting the 16-member board with the strategic oversight of the YMCA of Rock River Valley in achieving its mission of building a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Bennett is the chief operating officer for Savant Capital Management. He has more than 26 years of experience as a trust officer and financial adviser.
Gomel is the senior vice president and chief operating officer for Rosecrance Health Network. He has more than 20 years of experienace in behavioral health treatment, including a number of years providing direct clinical services and various administrative roles.
Perks is a market research analyst for Eclipse as well as a member of the Eclipse Foundation Board.
Polivka is an account manager for PR Etc., a strategic communications firm in Rockford.
From the Jan. 29-Feb. 4, 2014, issue