- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Young Musicians Series offers ‘Classics in Winter’ Feb. 8
Online Staff Report
Talented young musicians from the Rockford area will perform in the annual “Classics in Winter” recital as part of Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Young Musicians Series at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 8, at the Starr Center, 415 N. Church St., Rockford.
This Young Musicians Series recital will feature music from the Baroque, Classical and Romantic eras by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area.
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Young Musicians Series recitals are an opportunity for all young music students in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin to share their talents with the community. This annual series of three recitals helps music students to develop their musical talent, as well as memorization skills, poise, self-confidence and good audience behavior.
Admission is free. A brief reception will follow the recital. Call (815) 964-9713 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014