- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Young Musicians Series offers ‘Classics in Winter’ Feb. 8
Online Staff Report
Talented young musicians from the Rockford area will perform in the annual “Classics in Winter” recital as part of Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Young Musicians Series at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 8, at the Starr Center, 415 N. Church St., Rockford.
This Young Musicians Series recital will feature music from the Baroque, Classical and Romantic eras by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area.
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Young Musicians Series recitals are an opportunity for all young music students in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin to share their talents with the community. This annual series of three recitals helps music students to develop their musical talent, as well as memorization skills, poise, self-confidence and good audience behavior.
Admission is free. A brief reception will follow the recital. Call (815) 964-9713 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014