- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Young Musicians Series offers ‘Classics in Winter’ Feb. 8
Online Staff Report
Talented young musicians from the Rockford area will perform in the annual “Classics in Winter” recital as part of Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Young Musicians Series at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 8, at the Starr Center, 415 N. Church St., Rockford.
This Young Musicians Series recital will feature music from the Baroque, Classical and Romantic eras by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area.
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Young Musicians Series recitals are an opportunity for all young music students in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin to share their talents with the community. This annual series of three recitals helps music students to develop their musical talent, as well as memorization skills, poise, self-confidence and good audience behavior.
Admission is free. A brief reception will follow the recital. Call (815) 964-9713 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014