- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Young Musicians Series offers ‘Classics in Winter’ Feb. 8
Online Staff Report
Talented young musicians from the Rockford area will perform in the annual “Classics in Winter” recital as part of Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Young Musicians Series at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 8, at the Starr Center, 415 N. Church St., Rockford.
This Young Musicians Series recital will feature music from the Baroque, Classical and Romantic eras by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area.
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Young Musicians Series recitals are an opportunity for all young music students in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin to share their talents with the community. This annual series of three recitals helps music students to develop their musical talent, as well as memorization skills, poise, self-confidence and good audience behavior.
Admission is free. A brief reception will follow the recital. Call (815) 964-9713 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014