- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
Young Musicians Series offers ‘Classics in Winter’ Feb. 8
Online Staff Report
Talented young musicians from the Rockford area will perform in the annual “Classics in Winter” recital as part of Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Young Musicians Series at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 8, at the Starr Center, 415 N. Church St., Rockford.
This Young Musicians Series recital will feature music from the Baroque, Classical and Romantic eras by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area.
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Young Musicians Series recitals are an opportunity for all young music students in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin to share their talents with the community. This annual series of three recitals helps music students to develop their musical talent, as well as memorization skills, poise, self-confidence and good audience behavior.
Admission is free. A brief reception will follow the recital. Call (815) 964-9713 or e-mail email@example.com.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014