Transform Rockford schedules additional Community Visioning Sessions
Online Staff Report
Transform Rockford, a regional longterm planning effort to dramatically improve the social and economic condition of the Rockford region, will host nine additional Community Visioning Sessions during February at locations around the region. The two-hour sessions will run Feb. 6-26.
The sessions are moderated by trained facilitators and include a brief sharing of conditions in the region; discussion of the shared values for the Transform Rockford process; breakout sessions to brainstorm and develop a vision for the community; and then a concluding segment to discuss next steps. All the sessions are structured in the same manner. Community members are invited to attend a session that’s most convenient for them.
Following is a list of the additional sessions:
• Thursday, Feb. 6, 6-8 p.m. — West Middle School, 1900 N. Rockton Ave., Rockford
• Saturday, Feb. 8, 9-11 a.m. — Alpine Bank, 6838 E. State St., Rockford
• Sunday, Feb. 9, 2-4 p.m. — Holiday Inn Express, 7552 Park Place, Loves Park, Ill.
• Tuesday, Feb. 11, 6-8 p.m. — Harlem High School (cafeteria), 1 Huskie Circle (off Alpine Road), Machesney Park, Ill.
• Thursday, Feb. 13, 3-5 p.m. — Wesley Willows Town Center, 4141 N. Rockton Ave., Rockford
• Saturday, Feb. 15, 1-3 p.m. — Pilgrim Baptist Church, 1703 S. Central Ave., Rockford
• Monday, Feb. 17, 1-3 p.m. — Cherry Bowl Lanes Banquet Hall, 7171 CherryVale N. Blvd, Cherry Valley, Ill.
• Wednesday, Feb. 19, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. — Henrietta Head Start, 200 N. Johnston St., Rockford
• Wednesday, Feb. 26, 5:30-7:30 p.m. — La Voz Latina (all Spanish-language session), 730 N. Church St., Rockford
Learn more about Transform Rockford at www.transformrockford.org.
Posted Feb. 5, 2014