- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Police arrest four women following prostitution operation at east-side Rockford hotels
Online Staff Report
Four women have been arrested on prostitution charges following a Rockford Police Department (RPD) M3 Street Team prostitution operation at east-side Rockford hotels Feb. 9.
The operation was conducted where the RPD has received complaints from management of illicit sexual activity within their businesses. The operation targeted prostitutes who advertise their services on social media websites.
The following four women were arrested:
• Brenda K. Hughes, 49, charged with prostitution and resisting arrest;
• Teisha K. Hamm, 24, charged with prostitution;
• Stephanie M. Metcalf, 26, charged with prostitution; and
• Patricia A. Meives, 43, charged with prostitution and wanted on a warrant.