- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Rockford companies honored for work on city projects
Online Staff Report
Two companies that played key roles in two major Rockford projects were honored Friday, Feb. 7.
Hanson Professional Services and Missman, Inc., were recognized at the 2014 American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) Engineering Excellence Awards for work on the North Main & Auburn Roundabout and West State Street Corridor projects.
Hanson Professional Services received an Honor Award in the “Transportation” category for their Phase I & II design for the North Main & Auburn Roundabout project.
Missman, Inc., received an Honor Award in the “Studies, Research and Consulting” category for their work coordinating the Phase I engineering on the West State Street Corridor project.
The ACEC sponsors the annual engineering awards for civil engineering and design projects conducted by companies located in Illinois. The awards are typically recognized as the highest industry honors available within the state.
This year’s award banquet was conducted in Bloomington-Normal, Ill.
“These types of awards are further evidence of the high level of commitment we have as a community to bringing projects of quality to our citizens,” Rockford Mayor Larry Morrissey (I) said. “The professional design expertise available by the firms located in Rockford is something we should recognize as a valuable resource.
“These are Rockford citizens doing technical work at the highest level across the state.”
There are presentation boards for both projects displayed in the lobby immediately outside of Council Chambers.