- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Rockford man charged with series of burglaries
Online Staff Report
During the past several weeks, Rockford Police District 2 detectives investigated several burglaries to vacant homes within the district and developed a potential suspect in those cases. Feb. 11, the detectives briefed a patrol sergeant on the facts of the cases and requested the assistance of the District 2 patrol officers in locating the suspect for questioning.
At approximately 10:30 a.m., Feb. 11, patrol officers were in the area of Seventh Street and 15th Avenue when they observed the subject sought for questioning by detectives in regard to the residential burglaries. Upon approaching the individual, officers found the individual in possession of drug paraphernalia. The officers took the individual into custody and detectives conducted further investigation.
As a result of thorough investigation by District 2 detectives and good communication with the patrol officers, several residential burglaries were solved, and detectives arrested 36-year-old Gary R. Perkins of Rockford for two counts of residential burglary and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Posted Feb. 11, 2014