- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Rockford man charged with series of burglaries
Online Staff Report
During the past several weeks, Rockford Police District 2 detectives investigated several burglaries to vacant homes within the district and developed a potential suspect in those cases. Feb. 11, the detectives briefed a patrol sergeant on the facts of the cases and requested the assistance of the District 2 patrol officers in locating the suspect for questioning.
At approximately 10:30 a.m., Feb. 11, patrol officers were in the area of Seventh Street and 15th Avenue when they observed the subject sought for questioning by detectives in regard to the residential burglaries. Upon approaching the individual, officers found the individual in possession of drug paraphernalia. The officers took the individual into custody and detectives conducted further investigation.
As a result of thorough investigation by District 2 detectives and good communication with the patrol officers, several residential burglaries were solved, and detectives arrested 36-year-old Gary R. Perkins of Rockford for two counts of residential burglary and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Posted Feb. 11, 2014