- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Rockford man charged with series of burglaries
Online Staff Report
During the past several weeks, Rockford Police District 2 detectives investigated several burglaries to vacant homes within the district and developed a potential suspect in those cases. Feb. 11, the detectives briefed a patrol sergeant on the facts of the cases and requested the assistance of the District 2 patrol officers in locating the suspect for questioning.
At approximately 10:30 a.m., Feb. 11, patrol officers were in the area of Seventh Street and 15th Avenue when they observed the subject sought for questioning by detectives in regard to the residential burglaries. Upon approaching the individual, officers found the individual in possession of drug paraphernalia. The officers took the individual into custody and detectives conducted further investigation.
As a result of thorough investigation by District 2 detectives and good communication with the patrol officers, several residential burglaries were solved, and detectives arrested 36-year-old Gary R. Perkins of Rockford for two counts of residential burglary and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Posted Feb. 11, 2014