- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
One arrested in west-side shooting
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man is being held without bond for allegedly shooting another man on the city’s west side Tuesday, Feb. 11.
At approximately 9:30 p.m., Rockford Police officers were dispatched to the 400 block of Salter Avenue for a shooting. There, they located a 44-year-old-man suffering from two gunshot wounds. The victim’s injuries were described as life-threatening.
Officers continued their investigation and identified 51-year-old Charles W. Baisten as a suspect. A firearm and ammunition were also recovered, police said.
Baisten is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. He has been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and scheduled to appear in court Thursday, Feb. 13.