- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
One arrested in west-side shooting
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man is being held without bond for allegedly shooting another man on the city’s west side Tuesday, Feb. 11.
At approximately 9:30 p.m., Rockford Police officers were dispatched to the 400 block of Salter Avenue for a shooting. There, they located a 44-year-old-man suffering from two gunshot wounds. The victim’s injuries were described as life-threatening.
Officers continued their investigation and identified 51-year-old Charles W. Baisten as a suspect. A firearm and ammunition were also recovered, police said.
Baisten is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. He has been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and scheduled to appear in court Thursday, Feb. 13.