- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
One arrested in west-side shooting
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man is being held without bond for allegedly shooting another man on the city’s west side Tuesday, Feb. 11.
At approximately 9:30 p.m., Rockford Police officers were dispatched to the 400 block of Salter Avenue for a shooting. There, they located a 44-year-old-man suffering from two gunshot wounds. The victim’s injuries were described as life-threatening.
Officers continued their investigation and identified 51-year-old Charles W. Baisten as a suspect. A firearm and ammunition were also recovered, police said.
Baisten is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. He has been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and scheduled to appear in court Thursday, Feb. 13.