- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
One arrested in west-side shooting
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man is being held without bond for allegedly shooting another man on the city’s west side Tuesday, Feb. 11.
At approximately 9:30 p.m., Rockford Police officers were dispatched to the 400 block of Salter Avenue for a shooting. There, they located a 44-year-old-man suffering from two gunshot wounds. The victim’s injuries were described as life-threatening.
Officers continued their investigation and identified 51-year-old Charles W. Baisten as a suspect. A firearm and ammunition were also recovered, police said.
Baisten is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. He has been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and scheduled to appear in court Thursday, Feb. 13.