- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
One arrested in west-side shooting
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man is being held without bond for allegedly shooting another man on the city’s west side Tuesday, Feb. 11.
At approximately 9:30 p.m., Rockford Police officers were dispatched to the 400 block of Salter Avenue for a shooting. There, they located a 44-year-old-man suffering from two gunshot wounds. The victim’s injuries were described as life-threatening.
Officers continued their investigation and identified 51-year-old Charles W. Baisten as a suspect. A firearm and ammunition were also recovered, police said.
Baisten is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. He has been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and scheduled to appear in court Thursday, Feb. 13.