- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Winnebago 4-H Robotics SPIN Club starts Feb. 16
By University of Illinois Extension
ROCKTON, Ill. — The Winnebago Mindstorm Patrol Robotics SPIN (SPecial INterest) Club is starting again soon. Boys and girls ages 8 through 18 are invited to join … and you don’t have to be a current 4-H member to participate.
Through exciting, hands-on activities and experiments, the 4-H Robotics SPIN Club participants learn firsthand a variety of concepts from science, technology, engineering, physics and mathematics. Participants learn to build and program from LEGO robotics kits.
SPIN clubs offer a new way for youth and adult volunteers to share their special area of interest. SPIN clubs focus on a single topic through hands-on activities to develop a skill, explore a potential career area, or pursue a particular interest. In turn, the youth members develop a sense of belonging, independence and mastery through their SPIN Club experiences … and most of all, they have fun learning a new skill.
Youth will also have the opportunity to participate in the 4-H Robotics Challenge May 3 on the University of Illinois campus in Urbana-Champaign.
The first session is scheduled for 2-4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 16, at Prince of Peace Church, 2336 Freeport Road, Rockton, Ill.; the club will meet every other Sunday thereafter with an additional session April 20. The cost is $35 per youth participant or $15 for current 4-H members, which includes a “Winnebago Mindstorm Patrol” T-shirt.
Registration is available online at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw/. Call (815) 986-4357 for more details.
Posted Feb. 12, 2014