- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
Charges filed in shooting incident at Loves Park bar
By Jim Hagerty
Charges have been filed against a man police say fired a gun at a Loves Park bar early Sunday morning, Feb. 16.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office has authorized charges of aggravated discharge of a firearm, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and reckless conduct against Karly Lloyd, 24, of Belvidere.
At around 1:30 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 15, Loves Park Police received a report of a man with a gun at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill, 6246 E. Riverside Blvd. When police arrived, they encountered a suspect who became combative. A Taser was used to contain the suspect before he was arrested.
Meantime, other Loves Park officers were patrolling the area whey they responded to Rock Valley Parkway to investigate reports of suspicious people. There, they encountered two other subjects and recovered a handgun.
Zach Anderson, 28, was also arrested in connection with the incident. He has been charged with resisting and obstructing police.
As of this report, police are still investigating an assault they say occurred outside 2nd Cousins during the alleged shooting incident. No additional arrests have made.
At least one shot was fired into the air, police said.
Karl is being held without bond at the Winnebago County Jail. He is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday, Feb. 18. Anderson has posted bond.