- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Charges filed in shooting incident at Loves Park bar
By Jim Hagerty
Charges have been filed against a man police say fired a gun at a Loves Park bar early Sunday morning, Feb. 16.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office has authorized charges of aggravated discharge of a firearm, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and reckless conduct against Karly Lloyd, 24, of Belvidere.
At around 1:30 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 15, Loves Park Police received a report of a man with a gun at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill, 6246 E. Riverside Blvd. When police arrived, they encountered a suspect who became combative. A Taser was used to contain the suspect before he was arrested.
Meantime, other Loves Park officers were patrolling the area whey they responded to Rock Valley Parkway to investigate reports of suspicious people. There, they encountered two other subjects and recovered a handgun.
Zach Anderson, 28, was also arrested in connection with the incident. He has been charged with resisting and obstructing police.
As of this report, police are still investigating an assault they say occurred outside 2nd Cousins during the alleged shooting incident. No additional arrests have made.
At least one shot was fired into the air, police said.
Karl is being held without bond at the Winnebago County Jail. He is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday, Feb. 18. Anderson has posted bond.