- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
- Parks and recreation vital to a stronger Illinois, report shows
- Illinois home sales see slight gain in October
- Rockford Rescue Mission on the front lines of battling war on homelessness
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council’s annual meeting highlights tech revolution
- NIU’s Dan Gebo named ‘Illinois Professor of the Year’
Investigation continues in fatal Belvidere crash
Online Staff Report
Belvidere Police are still piecing together an accident that left one man dead after crashing his car into a house over the weekend.
Police say 28-year-old Juan Carlos Chirico-Zenon was driving his car downtown Belvidere around 2 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 16, when he lost control and careened into a house in the 200 block of West 3rd Street. Ciriaico-Zenon was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two people were inside the house but were not hurt, police said. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash.