- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Investigation continues in fatal Belvidere crash
Online Staff Report
Belvidere Police are still piecing together an accident that left one man dead after crashing his car into a house over the weekend.
Police say 28-year-old Juan Carlos Chirico-Zenon was driving his car downtown Belvidere around 2 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 16, when he lost control and careened into a house in the 200 block of West 3rd Street. Ciriaico-Zenon was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two people were inside the house but were not hurt, police said. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash.