- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Investigation continues in fatal Belvidere crash
Online Staff Report
Belvidere Police are still piecing together an accident that left one man dead after crashing his car into a house over the weekend.
Police say 28-year-old Juan Carlos Chirico-Zenon was driving his car downtown Belvidere around 2 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 16, when he lost control and careened into a house in the 200 block of West 3rd Street. Ciriaico-Zenon was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two people were inside the house but were not hurt, police said. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash.