- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Investigation continues in fatal Belvidere crash
Online Staff Report
Belvidere Police are still piecing together an accident that left one man dead after crashing his car into a house over the weekend.
Police say 28-year-old Juan Carlos Chirico-Zenon was driving his car downtown Belvidere around 2 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 16, when he lost control and careened into a house in the 200 block of West 3rd Street. Ciriaico-Zenon was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two people were inside the house but were not hurt, police said. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash.