- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Investigation continues in fatal Belvidere crash
Online Staff Report
Belvidere Police are still piecing together an accident that left one man dead after crashing his car into a house over the weekend.
Police say 28-year-old Juan Carlos Chirico-Zenon was driving his car downtown Belvidere around 2 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 16, when he lost control and careened into a house in the 200 block of West 3rd Street. Ciriaico-Zenon was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two people were inside the house but were not hurt, police said. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash.