- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
$300K lottery ticket sold at Loves Park gas station
By Jim Hagerty
A local resident could be more than $250,000 richer, as a Loves Park gas station sold a grand-prize winning ticket for the Monday, Feb. 17, Lucky Day Lotto midday drawing, Lotto officials announced Tuesday, Feb. 18.
The winning Quick Pick ticket—worth $300,000—was sold at Loves Park Clark, 5710 N. Second St. Officials said the ticket matched all five numbers: 01, 02, 07, 14 and 26. As of this report, the winner has not come forward to claim the prize.
The Clark station will receive a 1 percent share, $3,000, for selling the ticket.
Since last June, there have been 55 midday grand-prize winners. Lucky Day Lotto drawings happen twice a day, seven days a week. With an average of 40,000 winners each day, most prizes range from $1 to $100. Jackpots start at $100,000.
More information is at illinoislottery.com.