- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
$300K lottery ticket sold at Loves Park gas station
By Jim Hagerty
A local resident could be more than $250,000 richer, as a Loves Park gas station sold a grand-prize winning ticket for the Monday, Feb. 17, Lucky Day Lotto midday drawing, Lotto officials announced Tuesday, Feb. 18.
The winning Quick Pick ticket—worth $300,000—was sold at Loves Park Clark, 5710 N. Second St. Officials said the ticket matched all five numbers: 01, 02, 07, 14 and 26. As of this report, the winner has not come forward to claim the prize.
The Clark station will receive a 1 percent share, $3,000, for selling the ticket.
Since last June, there have been 55 midday grand-prize winners. Lucky Day Lotto drawings happen twice a day, seven days a week. With an average of 40,000 winners each day, most prizes range from $1 to $100. Jackpots start at $100,000.
More information is at illinoislottery.com.