- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
$300K lottery ticket sold at Loves Park gas station
By Jim Hagerty
A local resident could be more than $250,000 richer, as a Loves Park gas station sold a grand-prize winning ticket for the Monday, Feb. 17, Lucky Day Lotto midday drawing, Lotto officials announced Tuesday, Feb. 18.
The winning Quick Pick ticket—worth $300,000—was sold at Loves Park Clark, 5710 N. Second St. Officials said the ticket matched all five numbers: 01, 02, 07, 14 and 26. As of this report, the winner has not come forward to claim the prize.
The Clark station will receive a 1 percent share, $3,000, for selling the ticket.
Since last June, there have been 55 midday grand-prize winners. Lucky Day Lotto drawings happen twice a day, seven days a week. With an average of 40,000 winners each day, most prizes range from $1 to $100. Jackpots start at $100,000.
More information is at illinoislottery.com.