- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Missing SIU found dead in Carbondale, foul play not suspected
By Jim Hagerty
The 19-year-old Southern Illinois University student who disappeared last Wednesday was found dead in Carbondale, Ill., Tuesday, Feb. 18.
According to police, the body of Pravin Varughese was found in a wooded area in the 1400 block of East Main Street in Carbondale Tuesday morning.
Although a cause of death has not been determined, police say exposure likely played a role in the Morton Grove, Ill., teen’s death. Foul play is not suspected, police said.
Varughese was last seen in the 600 block of West College Street Wednesday night, Feb. 12, after a party.
An autopsy report and the results of toxicology tests are pending.