- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Missing SIU found dead in Carbondale, foul play not suspected
By Jim Hagerty
The 19-year-old Southern Illinois University student who disappeared last Wednesday was found dead in Carbondale, Ill., Tuesday, Feb. 18.
According to police, the body of Pravin Varughese was found in a wooded area in the 1400 block of East Main Street in Carbondale Tuesday morning.
Although a cause of death has not been determined, police say exposure likely played a role in the Morton Grove, Ill., teen’s death. Foul play is not suspected, police said.
Varughese was last seen in the 600 block of West College Street Wednesday night, Feb. 12, after a party.
An autopsy report and the results of toxicology tests are pending.