- Responding to parents’ vaccine hesitance
- House turns to workers’ comp; workers, business interests testify
- Right-to-work not right for workers
- Several aspects of the Cubs bring optimism
- ‘Hogs handle Stars, move on to Grand Rapids
- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
Missing SIU found dead in Carbondale, foul play not suspected
By Jim Hagerty
The 19-year-old Southern Illinois University student who disappeared last Wednesday was found dead in Carbondale, Ill., Tuesday, Feb. 18.
According to police, the body of Pravin Varughese was found in a wooded area in the 1400 block of East Main Street in Carbondale Tuesday morning.
Although a cause of death has not been determined, police say exposure likely played a role in the Morton Grove, Ill., teen’s death. Foul play is not suspected, police said.
Varughese was last seen in the 600 block of West College Street Wednesday night, Feb. 12, after a party.
An autopsy report and the results of toxicology tests are pending.