- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
Missing SIU found dead in Carbondale, foul play not suspected
By Jim Hagerty
The 19-year-old Southern Illinois University student who disappeared last Wednesday was found dead in Carbondale, Ill., Tuesday, Feb. 18.
According to police, the body of Pravin Varughese was found in a wooded area in the 1400 block of East Main Street in Carbondale Tuesday morning.
Although a cause of death has not been determined, police say exposure likely played a role in the Morton Grove, Ill., teen’s death. Foul play is not suspected, police said.
Varughese was last seen in the 600 block of West College Street Wednesday night, Feb. 12, after a party.
An autopsy report and the results of toxicology tests are pending.