- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Missing SIU found dead in Carbondale, foul play not suspected
By Jim Hagerty
The 19-year-old Southern Illinois University student who disappeared last Wednesday was found dead in Carbondale, Ill., Tuesday, Feb. 18.
According to police, the body of Pravin Varughese was found in a wooded area in the 1400 block of East Main Street in Carbondale Tuesday morning.
Although a cause of death has not been determined, police say exposure likely played a role in the Morton Grove, Ill., teen’s death. Foul play is not suspected, police said.
Varughese was last seen in the 600 block of West College Street Wednesday night, Feb. 12, after a party.
An autopsy report and the results of toxicology tests are pending.