- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Rockford Speedway Orientation Meetings set for Feb. 28
By Russell J. Wheeler
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The first official gathering of the 2014 racing season takes place Friday night, Feb. 28, when the 2014 Orientation Meetings convene inside Forest Hills Lodge, adjacent to Rockford Speedway, at 1601 W. Lane Road, Loves Park, Ill.
The doors of Forest Hills Lodge are set to open at 5 p.m. that evening, with the Rookie Orientation Meeting starting things off at 6 p.m. The General Meeting will follow at 7 p.m. and discusses licensing, race procedures and more.
On this night, race teams are encouraged to register their car numbers, purchase R.A.C.E. and NASCAR memberships, reserve their season pit pads and pick up decal kits for the upcoming season. A first look at the 2014 racing season also will be available to those in attendance.
For more about these upcoming meetings, contact Rockford Speedway at (815) 633-1500.
From the Feb. 19-25, 2014, issue