- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Rockford Speedway Orientation Meetings set for Feb. 28
By Russell J. Wheeler
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The first official gathering of the 2014 racing season takes place Friday night, Feb. 28, when the 2014 Orientation Meetings convene inside Forest Hills Lodge, adjacent to Rockford Speedway, at 1601 W. Lane Road, Loves Park, Ill.
The doors of Forest Hills Lodge are set to open at 5 p.m. that evening, with the Rookie Orientation Meeting starting things off at 6 p.m. The General Meeting will follow at 7 p.m. and discusses licensing, race procedures and more.
On this night, race teams are encouraged to register their car numbers, purchase R.A.C.E. and NASCAR memberships, reserve their season pit pads and pick up decal kits for the upcoming season. A first look at the 2014 racing season also will be available to those in attendance.
For more about these upcoming meetings, contact Rockford Speedway at (815) 633-1500.
From the Feb. 19-25, 2014, issue