- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Rockford Speedway Orientation Meetings set for Feb. 28
By Russell J. Wheeler
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The first official gathering of the 2014 racing season takes place Friday night, Feb. 28, when the 2014 Orientation Meetings convene inside Forest Hills Lodge, adjacent to Rockford Speedway, at 1601 W. Lane Road, Loves Park, Ill.
The doors of Forest Hills Lodge are set to open at 5 p.m. that evening, with the Rookie Orientation Meeting starting things off at 6 p.m. The General Meeting will follow at 7 p.m. and discusses licensing, race procedures and more.
On this night, race teams are encouraged to register their car numbers, purchase R.A.C.E. and NASCAR memberships, reserve their season pit pads and pick up decal kits for the upcoming season. A first look at the 2014 racing season also will be available to those in attendance.
For more about these upcoming meetings, contact Rockford Speedway at (815) 633-1500.
From the Feb. 19-25, 2014, issue