- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Rockford Speedway Orientation Meetings set for Feb. 28
By Russell J. Wheeler
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The first official gathering of the 2014 racing season takes place Friday night, Feb. 28, when the 2014 Orientation Meetings convene inside Forest Hills Lodge, adjacent to Rockford Speedway, at 1601 W. Lane Road, Loves Park, Ill.
The doors of Forest Hills Lodge are set to open at 5 p.m. that evening, with the Rookie Orientation Meeting starting things off at 6 p.m. The General Meeting will follow at 7 p.m. and discusses licensing, race procedures and more.
On this night, race teams are encouraged to register their car numbers, purchase R.A.C.E. and NASCAR memberships, reserve their season pit pads and pick up decal kits for the upcoming season. A first look at the 2014 racing season also will be available to those in attendance.
For more about these upcoming meetings, contact Rockford Speedway at (815) 633-1500.
From the Feb. 19-25, 2014, issue