- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Rockford Speedway Orientation Meetings set for Feb. 28
By Russell J. Wheeler
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The first official gathering of the 2014 racing season takes place Friday night, Feb. 28, when the 2014 Orientation Meetings convene inside Forest Hills Lodge, adjacent to Rockford Speedway, at 1601 W. Lane Road, Loves Park, Ill.
The doors of Forest Hills Lodge are set to open at 5 p.m. that evening, with the Rookie Orientation Meeting starting things off at 6 p.m. The General Meeting will follow at 7 p.m. and discusses licensing, race procedures and more.
On this night, race teams are encouraged to register their car numbers, purchase R.A.C.E. and NASCAR memberships, reserve their season pit pads and pick up decal kits for the upcoming season. A first look at the 2014 racing season also will be available to those in attendance.
For more about these upcoming meetings, contact Rockford Speedway at (815) 633-1500.
From the Feb. 19-25, 2014, issue