- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
SwedishAmerican Foundation names director
SwedishAmerican Health System has announced the appointment of Laura Wilkinson as director of the SwedishAmerican Foundation. Wilkinson formerly served as vice president of fund development for the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) in Chicago, where she directed all fund-raising efforts, including major gifts, individual annual giving, corporate gifts and sponsorships.
Prior to joining ACHE in 2007, Laura was the director of development for the Humane Society in Crystal Lake from 2004 to 2007 and director of partnerships and sponsorships for the Health World Children’s Museum in Barrington, Ill., for two years. From 1995 to 2002, she held a variety of positions with the National Safety Council in Itasca and Washington, D.C. She began her professional career in 1991 in Washington, D.C., working at OSHA within the U.S. Department of Labor. A native of Stockton, Ill., Wilkinson earned her bachelor’s degree in sociology from Illinois State University and holds a master’s of business administration from North Park University in Chicago.
From the Feb. 19-25, 2014, issue