- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
SwedishAmerican Foundation names director
SwedishAmerican Health System has announced the appointment of Laura Wilkinson as director of the SwedishAmerican Foundation. Wilkinson formerly served as vice president of fund development for the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) in Chicago, where she directed all fund-raising efforts, including major gifts, individual annual giving, corporate gifts and sponsorships.
Prior to joining ACHE in 2007, Laura was the director of development for the Humane Society in Crystal Lake from 2004 to 2007 and director of partnerships and sponsorships for the Health World Children’s Museum in Barrington, Ill., for two years. From 1995 to 2002, she held a variety of positions with the National Safety Council in Itasca and Washington, D.C. She began her professional career in 1991 in Washington, D.C., working at OSHA within the U.S. Department of Labor. A native of Stockton, Ill., Wilkinson earned her bachelor’s degree in sociology from Illinois State University and holds a master’s of business administration from North Park University in Chicago.
From the Feb. 19-25, 2014, issue