- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Roscoe Walgreens hosts blood drive Feb. 28
Online Staff Report
Walgreens, at 5065 Hononegah Rd., Roscoe, will host a community blood drive Friday, Feb. 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Those 17 and older (16 with parental consent), weighing at least 110 pounds and in general good health are encouraged to participate. The drive benefits the Rock River Valley Blood Center.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center is the sole supplier of blood and related services in the greater Rockford area. Services benefit area medical centers, including Freeport Hospital Network (FHN), OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and Beloit Health System.
More information is available by calling Walgreens at (815) 623-5079 or the Rock River Valley Blood Center at (815) 965-8751. Information is also rrvbc.org.