- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Roscoe Walgreens hosts blood drive Feb. 28
Online Staff Report
Walgreens, at 5065 Hononegah Rd., Roscoe, will host a community blood drive Friday, Feb. 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Those 17 and older (16 with parental consent), weighing at least 110 pounds and in general good health are encouraged to participate. The drive benefits the Rock River Valley Blood Center.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center is the sole supplier of blood and related services in the greater Rockford area. Services benefit area medical centers, including Freeport Hospital Network (FHN), OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and Beloit Health System.
More information is available by calling Walgreens at (815) 623-5079 or the Rock River Valley Blood Center at (815) 965-8751. Information is also rrvbc.org.