- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Roscoe Walgreens hosts blood drive Feb. 28
Online Staff Report
Walgreens, at 5065 Hononegah Rd., Roscoe, will host a community blood drive Friday, Feb. 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Those 17 and older (16 with parental consent), weighing at least 110 pounds and in general good health are encouraged to participate. The drive benefits the Rock River Valley Blood Center.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center is the sole supplier of blood and related services in the greater Rockford area. Services benefit area medical centers, including Freeport Hospital Network (FHN), OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and Beloit Health System.
More information is available by calling Walgreens at (815) 623-5079 or the Rock River Valley Blood Center at (815) 965-8751. Information is also rrvbc.org.