- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Roscoe Walgreens hosts blood drive Feb. 28
Online Staff Report
Walgreens, at 5065 Hononegah Rd., Roscoe, will host a community blood drive Friday, Feb. 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Those 17 and older (16 with parental consent), weighing at least 110 pounds and in general good health are encouraged to participate. The drive benefits the Rock River Valley Blood Center.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center is the sole supplier of blood and related services in the greater Rockford area. Services benefit area medical centers, including Freeport Hospital Network (FHN), OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and Beloit Health System.
More information is available by calling Walgreens at (815) 623-5079 or the Rock River Valley Blood Center at (815) 965-8751. Information is also rrvbc.org.