- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Roscoe Walgreens hosts blood drive Feb. 28
Online Staff Report
Walgreens, at 5065 Hononegah Rd., Roscoe, will host a community blood drive Friday, Feb. 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Those 17 and older (16 with parental consent), weighing at least 110 pounds and in general good health are encouraged to participate. The drive benefits the Rock River Valley Blood Center.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center is the sole supplier of blood and related services in the greater Rockford area. Services benefit area medical centers, including Freeport Hospital Network (FHN), OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and Beloit Health System.
More information is available by calling Walgreens at (815) 623-5079 or the Rock River Valley Blood Center at (815) 965-8751. Information is also rrvbc.org.