- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Rockford stores cited for selling tobacco to minors
Online Staff Report
Monday, Feb. 24, the Rockford Police Department Community Services Unit and the Neighborhood Response Unit combined efforts with the Winnebago County Health Department to conduct tobacco compliance checks at retailers in Rockford.
During the checks, revenue from the Winnebago County Health Department and minors employed by county were utilized to make controlled purchases of tobacco products at 114 Rockford stores.
Police say clerks at the following stores sold tobacco products to minors.
- Turbo Trade, 2635 11th St.
- S & H Tobacco, 2744 11th St.
- Cigarettes and More Store, 3816 Auburn St.
- Clark Gas Station, 3215 Auburn St.
- BP Gas, 3420 E. State St.
- Schnucks, 6410 E. State St.
- Olivo Market, 301 Seventh St.
Each clerk was issued a citation for sale of tobacco products to minors.