- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Rockford stores cited for selling tobacco to minors
Online Staff Report
Monday, Feb. 24, the Rockford Police Department Community Services Unit and the Neighborhood Response Unit combined efforts with the Winnebago County Health Department to conduct tobacco compliance checks at retailers in Rockford.
During the checks, revenue from the Winnebago County Health Department and minors employed by county were utilized to make controlled purchases of tobacco products at 114 Rockford stores.
Police say clerks at the following stores sold tobacco products to minors.
- Turbo Trade, 2635 11th St.
- S & H Tobacco, 2744 11th St.
- Cigarettes and More Store, 3816 Auburn St.
- Clark Gas Station, 3215 Auburn St.
- BP Gas, 3420 E. State St.
- Schnucks, 6410 E. State St.
- Olivo Market, 301 Seventh St.
Each clerk was issued a citation for sale of tobacco products to minors.