- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Rockford stores cited for selling tobacco to minors
Online Staff Report
Monday, Feb. 24, the Rockford Police Department Community Services Unit and the Neighborhood Response Unit combined efforts with the Winnebago County Health Department to conduct tobacco compliance checks at retailers in Rockford.
During the checks, revenue from the Winnebago County Health Department and minors employed by county were utilized to make controlled purchases of tobacco products at 114 Rockford stores.
Police say clerks at the following stores sold tobacco products to minors.
- Turbo Trade, 2635 11th St.
- S & H Tobacco, 2744 11th St.
- Cigarettes and More Store, 3816 Auburn St.
- Clark Gas Station, 3215 Auburn St.
- BP Gas, 3420 E. State St.
- Schnucks, 6410 E. State St.
- Olivo Market, 301 Seventh St.
Each clerk was issued a citation for sale of tobacco products to minors.