- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Rockford stores cited for selling tobacco to minors
Online Staff Report
Monday, Feb. 24, the Rockford Police Department Community Services Unit and the Neighborhood Response Unit combined efforts with the Winnebago County Health Department to conduct tobacco compliance checks at retailers in Rockford.
During the checks, revenue from the Winnebago County Health Department and minors employed by county were utilized to make controlled purchases of tobacco products at 114 Rockford stores.
Police say clerks at the following stores sold tobacco products to minors.
- Turbo Trade, 2635 11th St.
- S & H Tobacco, 2744 11th St.
- Cigarettes and More Store, 3816 Auburn St.
- Clark Gas Station, 3215 Auburn St.
- BP Gas, 3420 E. State St.
- Schnucks, 6410 E. State St.
- Olivo Market, 301 Seventh St.
Each clerk was issued a citation for sale of tobacco products to minors.