- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Rockford stores cited for selling tobacco to minors
Online Staff Report
Monday, Feb. 24, the Rockford Police Department Community Services Unit and the Neighborhood Response Unit combined efforts with the Winnebago County Health Department to conduct tobacco compliance checks at retailers in Rockford.
During the checks, revenue from the Winnebago County Health Department and minors employed by county were utilized to make controlled purchases of tobacco products at 114 Rockford stores.
Police say clerks at the following stores sold tobacco products to minors.
- Turbo Trade, 2635 11th St.
- S & H Tobacco, 2744 11th St.
- Cigarettes and More Store, 3816 Auburn St.
- Clark Gas Station, 3215 Auburn St.
- BP Gas, 3420 E. State St.
- Schnucks, 6410 E. State St.
- Olivo Market, 301 Seventh St.
Each clerk was issued a citation for sale of tobacco products to minors.