- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Seven dead in Afghan car bombing
Online Staff Report
Seven people are dead and more than 40 are were wounded when a suicide bomber exploded a car bomb in Afghanistan Tuesday.
According to police, the bombing occurred outside a crowded restaurant in the the southern city of Tirin Kot.
The death toll is expected to rise, Uruzgan Police Chief Gen. Matiulla Khan said in a news release. As of this report, 42 people were wounded in the attack.
So far, no terrorist group has taken responsibility for the violence.