- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Seven dead in Afghan car bombing
Online Staff Report
Seven people are dead and more than 40 are were wounded when a suicide bomber exploded a car bomb in Afghanistan Tuesday.
According to police, the bombing occurred outside a crowded restaurant in the the southern city of Tirin Kot.
The death toll is expected to rise, Uruzgan Police Chief Gen. Matiulla Khan said in a news release. As of this report, 42 people were wounded in the attack.
So far, no terrorist group has taken responsibility for the violence.