- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Seven dead in Afghan car bombing
Online Staff Report
Seven people are dead and more than 40 are were wounded when a suicide bomber exploded a car bomb in Afghanistan Tuesday.
According to police, the bombing occurred outside a crowded restaurant in the the southern city of Tirin Kot.
The death toll is expected to rise, Uruzgan Police Chief Gen. Matiulla Khan said in a news release. As of this report, 42 people were wounded in the attack.
So far, no terrorist group has taken responsibility for the violence.