- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Entry forms available for WXRX Stone & Double T 200 at Rockford Speedway
By Russell J. Wheeler
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Despite the mountains of snow and record cold, there is a reason for race fans in the Rock River Valley to be optimistic. The first green flag of 2014 is fewer than 60 days away!
The 2014 Rockford Speedway race season begins at 3 p.m., Saturday, April 5, with the running of the WXRX Stone & Double T 200-lap enduro. Event rules and regulations along with the official entry form are available online at www.rockfordspeedway.com.
The four-cylinder endurance race features 200 laps of wide-open racing action, with the first 100 circuits to be contested on the oval track, while the final 100 laps will take place on the tricky “Monza” course.
Last year, nearly 60 drivers from four states battled in an unpredictable affair, with Indiana’s Ryan Lagestee ending the day in victory lane.
This year’s event offers a $500 top prize, and offers hundreds of dollars in bonuses for the following: best appearing car, highest finishing female driver, highest finishing station wagon, highest finishing automatic transmission, highest finishing driver younger than 18, and highest finishing driver older than 55.
Contact the Rockford Speedway at (815) 633-1500 for more details.
The Rockford Speedway is at 9572 Forest Hills Road, Loves Park, Ill.
From the Feb. 26-March 4, 2014 issue