- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
First concealed carry permits just days away
Online Staff Report
The Illinois State Police are days away from issuing the first series concealed carry permits.
According to police, the first state licenses could be issued as early as Monday, March 4. Officials initially targeted a spring date to being issuing licenses
As of this report, state police officials are working through more than 16,000 permit applications. Spokesmen say as many as 400,000 will apply for concealed carry permits law’s first full year.
believe as many as 400,000 people will apply for the concealed carry permits during the first year of the law.