- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
First concealed carry permits just days away
Online Staff Report
The Illinois State Police are days away from issuing the first series concealed carry permits.
According to police, the first state licenses could be issued as early as Monday, March 4. Officials initially targeted a spring date to being issuing licenses
As of this report, state police officials are working through more than 16,000 permit applications. Spokesmen say as many as 400,000 will apply for concealed carry permits law’s first full year.
believe as many as 400,000 people will apply for the concealed carry permits during the first year of the law.