- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
First concealed carry permits just days away
Online Staff Report
The Illinois State Police are days away from issuing the first series concealed carry permits.
According to police, the first state licenses could be issued as early as Monday, March 4. Officials initially targeted a spring date to being issuing licenses
As of this report, state police officials are working through more than 16,000 permit applications. Spokesmen say as many as 400,000 will apply for concealed carry permits law’s first full year.
believe as many as 400,000 people will apply for the concealed carry permits during the first year of the law.