- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
First concealed carry permits just days away
Online Staff Report
The Illinois State Police are days away from issuing the first series concealed carry permits.
According to police, the first state licenses could be issued as early as Monday, March 4. Officials initially targeted a spring date to being issuing licenses
As of this report, state police officials are working through more than 16,000 permit applications. Spokesmen say as many as 400,000 will apply for concealed carry permits law’s first full year.
believe as many as 400,000 people will apply for the concealed carry permits during the first year of the law.