- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
First concealed carry permits just days away
Online Staff Report
The Illinois State Police are days away from issuing the first series concealed carry permits.
According to police, the first state licenses could be issued as early as Monday, March 4. Officials initially targeted a spring date to being issuing licenses
As of this report, state police officials are working through more than 16,000 permit applications. Spokesmen say as many as 400,000 will apply for concealed carry permits law’s first full year.
believe as many as 400,000 people will apply for the concealed carry permits during the first year of the law.