- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Local women win at ‘Shark Tank’ event
Online Staff Report
Three local women took home top honors and more than $2,000 in prizes at the inaugural Enactus Rockford Women’s Shark Tank event Feb. 19.
A first-place honor was awarded to AnnDee Nimmer, for her business, RoomTagz. First runner-up went to Sarah Hale, for her business idea, Ashes Aquatics Custom Ceramics while a second runner-up honor went to Erin Hughes for her creative invention, Adjust-A-Slice.
The event was hosted by Enactus Rockford of Rock Valley College and sponsored by Walmart.
Eleven women turned in applications to compete for top prizes, which included cash, cubicle space at Eigerlab, software packages, and consultation hours with Enactus Rockford business leaders who are committed to help these women accomplish their goals in their business.
Enactus Rockford is a community of student, academic, and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a better more sustainable world.