- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
Local women win at ‘Shark Tank’ event
Online Staff Report
Three local women took home top honors and more than $2,000 in prizes at the inaugural Enactus Rockford Women’s Shark Tank event Feb. 19.
A first-place honor was awarded to AnnDee Nimmer, for her business, RoomTagz. First runner-up went to Sarah Hale, for her business idea, Ashes Aquatics Custom Ceramics while a second runner-up honor went to Erin Hughes for her creative invention, Adjust-A-Slice.
The event was hosted by Enactus Rockford of Rock Valley College and sponsored by Walmart.
Eleven women turned in applications to compete for top prizes, which included cash, cubicle space at Eigerlab, software packages, and consultation hours with Enactus Rockford business leaders who are committed to help these women accomplish their goals in their business.
Enactus Rockford is a community of student, academic, and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a better more sustainable world.