- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Local women win at ‘Shark Tank’ event
Online Staff Report
Three local women took home top honors and more than $2,000 in prizes at the inaugural Enactus Rockford Women’s Shark Tank event Feb. 19.
A first-place honor was awarded to AnnDee Nimmer, for her business, RoomTagz. First runner-up went to Sarah Hale, for her business idea, Ashes Aquatics Custom Ceramics while a second runner-up honor went to Erin Hughes for her creative invention, Adjust-A-Slice.
The event was hosted by Enactus Rockford of Rock Valley College and sponsored by Walmart.
Eleven women turned in applications to compete for top prizes, which included cash, cubicle space at Eigerlab, software packages, and consultation hours with Enactus Rockford business leaders who are committed to help these women accomplish their goals in their business.
Enactus Rockford is a community of student, academic, and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a better more sustainable world.