- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Local women win at ‘Shark Tank’ event
Online Staff Report
Three local women took home top honors and more than $2,000 in prizes at the inaugural Enactus Rockford Women’s Shark Tank event Feb. 19.
A first-place honor was awarded to AnnDee Nimmer, for her business, RoomTagz. First runner-up went to Sarah Hale, for her business idea, Ashes Aquatics Custom Ceramics while a second runner-up honor went to Erin Hughes for her creative invention, Adjust-A-Slice.
The event was hosted by Enactus Rockford of Rock Valley College and sponsored by Walmart.
Eleven women turned in applications to compete for top prizes, which included cash, cubicle space at Eigerlab, software packages, and consultation hours with Enactus Rockford business leaders who are committed to help these women accomplish their goals in their business.
Enactus Rockford is a community of student, academic, and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a better more sustainable world.