- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Local women win at ‘Shark Tank’ event
Online Staff Report
Three local women took home top honors and more than $2,000 in prizes at the inaugural Enactus Rockford Women’s Shark Tank event Feb. 19.
A first-place honor was awarded to AnnDee Nimmer, for her business, RoomTagz. First runner-up went to Sarah Hale, for her business idea, Ashes Aquatics Custom Ceramics while a second runner-up honor went to Erin Hughes for her creative invention, Adjust-A-Slice.
The event was hosted by Enactus Rockford of Rock Valley College and sponsored by Walmart.
Eleven women turned in applications to compete for top prizes, which included cash, cubicle space at Eigerlab, software packages, and consultation hours with Enactus Rockford business leaders who are committed to help these women accomplish their goals in their business.
Enactus Rockford is a community of student, academic, and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a better more sustainable world.