- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
OSF Saint Anthony names chiefs of medicine, surgery
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center has announced James Girardy, M.D., has been named vice president and chief surgical officer, and Harneet Bath, M.D., has been named vice president and chief medicine officer.
Girardy began serving the Rockford area in 1980 as a surgeon with Rockford Surgical Service. He most recently held the role of interim chief medical officer and medical director of surgical services for OSF Saint Anthony. He serves on the OSF Healthcare System Accountable Care Organization governing board and has been a member of the OSF Healthcare System board of directors since 1996.
Girardy earned his medical degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit and completed his residency in surgery at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Medical Center (in affiliation with the University of Michigan), in Ann Arbor, Mich. He is certified by the American Board of Surgery with a certificate of added qualifications in surgical critical care. Girardy is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and was recently appointed by Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn (D) to the Illinois Hospital Licensing Board.
Bath most recently worked at Emanuel Medical Center in Turlock, Calif., where he served as the regional medical director for Valley Emergency Physicians and the medical director for their hospitalist program. He has extensive experience working with quality initiatives and performance measures. Bath was also instrumental in getting approval of four residency programs at Emanuel Medical Center. He earned his bachelor of medicine and surgery degree at Government Medical College in Amritsar, Punjab, India, and completed his internal medicine residency at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, Ohio.
From the Feb. 26, 2014 issue