- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Pecatonica plans third season of downtown farmers’ market
PECATONICA, Ill. — The Village of Pecatonica is starting the planning process for the third season of its downtown farmers’ market. The market, which has been held on Saturday mornings during the growing season, began in the summer of 2012. It has been held in the municipal parking lot at the corner of Main and Fourth streets in Pecatonica, Ill.
The village is interested in recruiting new vendors to increase the size of the market and the variety of fruits, vegetables and other items sold. Local service organizations and businesses will be asked to become involved and provide whatever support they can to ensure its success.
“We are excited to start working on the third year of the Pecatonica Farmers’ Market, and look forward to working with additional local vendors,” said Village Clerk Dana Ryall. “The village is committed to increase support of the market, provide more promotion and advertising, and work through area organizations to create more visibility.”
An informational/planning meeting will be at Pecatonica Village Hall, 405 Main St., Pecatonica, Ill., at 6 p.m., Wednesday, March 5. The meeting will be for vendors and prospective vendors, and will include a discussion of market dates, policies and rules, Health Department guidelines, and market promotions. Those interested in becoming a vendor for the first time will be provided with resources to use in planning to become part of the market.
If interested in attending the meeting, call Ryall at the Village Hall at (815) 239-2310 to reserve a spot. If you are not able to attend, but interested in learning more, call Ryall for a packet of information about vending at the Pecatonica Farmers’ Market.
From the Feb. 26-March 4, 2014 issue