- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Pecatonica plans third season of downtown farmers’ market
PECATONICA, Ill. — The Village of Pecatonica is starting the planning process for the third season of its downtown farmers’ market. The market, which has been held on Saturday mornings during the growing season, began in the summer of 2012. It has been held in the municipal parking lot at the corner of Main and Fourth streets in Pecatonica, Ill.
The village is interested in recruiting new vendors to increase the size of the market and the variety of fruits, vegetables and other items sold. Local service organizations and businesses will be asked to become involved and provide whatever support they can to ensure its success.
“We are excited to start working on the third year of the Pecatonica Farmers’ Market, and look forward to working with additional local vendors,” said Village Clerk Dana Ryall. “The village is committed to increase support of the market, provide more promotion and advertising, and work through area organizations to create more visibility.”
An informational/planning meeting will be at Pecatonica Village Hall, 405 Main St., Pecatonica, Ill., at 6 p.m., Wednesday, March 5. The meeting will be for vendors and prospective vendors, and will include a discussion of market dates, policies and rules, Health Department guidelines, and market promotions. Those interested in becoming a vendor for the first time will be provided with resources to use in planning to become part of the market.
If interested in attending the meeting, call Ryall at the Village Hall at (815) 239-2310 to reserve a spot. If you are not able to attend, but interested in learning more, call Ryall for a packet of information about vending at the Pecatonica Farmers’ Market.
From the Feb. 26-March 4, 2014 issue