- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Rockford man jailed on burglary charges
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man was jailed Wednesday after police responded to a burglary alarm in the 1400 block of Latham Place.
Wednesday, Feb. 26, officers with the Rockford Police Department responded to 1428 Latham Place and determined a residential burglary had occurred.
After brief investigation, officers arrested DeWayne Jones, 21, of Rockford.
Jones was booked into the Winnebago County Jail on charges of residential burglary and trespassing. Bond has not been set. Jones is scheduled to appear in court Thursday, Feb. 27.
According to Winnebago Court records, Jones is on probation for a 2013 burglary.