- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford man jailed on burglary charges
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man was jailed Wednesday after police responded to a burglary alarm in the 1400 block of Latham Place.
Wednesday, Feb. 26, officers with the Rockford Police Department responded to 1428 Latham Place and determined a residential burglary had occurred.
After brief investigation, officers arrested DeWayne Jones, 21, of Rockford.
Jones was booked into the Winnebago County Jail on charges of residential burglary and trespassing. Bond has not been set. Jones is scheduled to appear in court Thursday, Feb. 27.
According to Winnebago Court records, Jones is on probation for a 2013 burglary.