- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Rockford man jailed on burglary charges
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man was jailed Wednesday after police responded to a burglary alarm in the 1400 block of Latham Place.
Wednesday, Feb. 26, officers with the Rockford Police Department responded to 1428 Latham Place and determined a residential burglary had occurred.
After brief investigation, officers arrested DeWayne Jones, 21, of Rockford.
Jones was booked into the Winnebago County Jail on charges of residential burglary and trespassing. Bond has not been set. Jones is scheduled to appear in court Thursday, Feb. 27.
According to Winnebago Court records, Jones is on probation for a 2013 burglary.