- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Arrest made in Craigslist robberies
Online Staff Report
A 22-year-old man is responsible for several incidents of theft and robbery involving items listed for sale on Craigslist, police announced Thursday.
Trivell A. Smith faces charges of aggravated robbery and theft in a case police say dates back to November 2013.
According to arrest records, the Rockford Police Department began investigating the case last November. Each incident occurred on the northwest part of Rockford and all the victims posted items for sale on Craigslist, police said.
The thefts continued periodically until detectives linked them and arrested Smith Thursday, Feb. 27.
Video games and phones are among property stolen in the case, police said.
Smith has been charged with two counts of aggravated robbery and two counts of theft. He is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. Bond has been set at $130,000. His next court date is March 31.