- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Arrest made in Craigslist robberies
Online Staff Report
A 22-year-old man is responsible for several incidents of theft and robbery involving items listed for sale on Craigslist, police announced Thursday.
Trivell A. Smith faces charges of aggravated robbery and theft in a case police say dates back to November 2013.
According to arrest records, the Rockford Police Department began investigating the case last November. Each incident occurred on the northwest part of Rockford and all the victims posted items for sale on Craigslist, police said.
The thefts continued periodically until detectives linked them and arrested Smith Thursday, Feb. 27.
Video games and phones are among property stolen in the case, police said.
Smith has been charged with two counts of aggravated robbery and two counts of theft. He is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. Bond has been set at $130,000. His next court date is March 31.