- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Arrest made in Craigslist robberies
Online Staff Report
A 22-year-old man is responsible for several incidents of theft and robbery involving items listed for sale on Craigslist, police announced Thursday.
Trivell A. Smith faces charges of aggravated robbery and theft in a case police say dates back to November 2013.
According to arrest records, the Rockford Police Department began investigating the case last November. Each incident occurred on the northwest part of Rockford and all the victims posted items for sale on Craigslist, police said.
The thefts continued periodically until detectives linked them and arrested Smith Thursday, Feb. 27.
Video games and phones are among property stolen in the case, police said.
Smith has been charged with two counts of aggravated robbery and two counts of theft. He is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. Bond has been set at $130,000. His next court date is March 31.