- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Arrest made in Craigslist robberies
Online Staff Report
A 22-year-old man is responsible for several incidents of theft and robbery involving items listed for sale on Craigslist, police announced Thursday.
Trivell A. Smith faces charges of aggravated robbery and theft in a case police say dates back to November 2013.
According to arrest records, the Rockford Police Department began investigating the case last November. Each incident occurred on the northwest part of Rockford and all the victims posted items for sale on Craigslist, police said.
The thefts continued periodically until detectives linked them and arrested Smith Thursday, Feb. 27.
Video games and phones are among property stolen in the case, police said.
Smith has been charged with two counts of aggravated robbery and two counts of theft. He is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. Bond has been set at $130,000. His next court date is March 31.