- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Arrest made in Craigslist robberies
Online Staff Report
A 22-year-old man is responsible for several incidents of theft and robbery involving items listed for sale on Craigslist, police announced Thursday.
Trivell A. Smith faces charges of aggravated robbery and theft in a case police say dates back to November 2013.
According to arrest records, the Rockford Police Department began investigating the case last November. Each incident occurred on the northwest part of Rockford and all the victims posted items for sale on Craigslist, police said.
The thefts continued periodically until detectives linked them and arrested Smith Thursday, Feb. 27.
Video games and phones are among property stolen in the case, police said.
Smith has been charged with two counts of aggravated robbery and two counts of theft. He is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. Bond has been set at $130,000. His next court date is March 31.