- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
County board approves new deputies, ISC funding
By Jim Hagerty
Winnebago County will spend more than $1 million to hire nearly 20 sheriff’s deputies over the next three years, the county board approved Thursday.
Board members approved 18 new deputies and pay raises of 2 and 3 percent for existing officers.
In other business, the board authorized $7 million to help the Rockford Park District make improvements to the Indoor Sports Center and $1 million for Rock Valley College and the Greater Rockford Airport Authority.
Funds for the airport will help bolster a recent partnership between the GRAA and Rock Valley to expand the college’s aviation maintenance program. According to the partnership, Rock Valley College will lease land from the airport to build a 40,000 square-foot training facility.