- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Free breakfast for students at area McDonald’s Monday, March 3
Online Staff Report
Area McDonald’s restaurants will offer free breakfast for area third through eighth-grade students this Monday, March 3, from 6:30 to 9 a.m.
“Our McDonald’s Co-Op is proud to provide a balanced breakfast for students as they prepare to test,” said Guy Bucciferro, McDonald’s Co-op president for the southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois region. “We hope to encourage wholesome breakfast choices for children.”
The free breakfast is to prepare the students for the Illinois Standards Achievement Test. Students must be accompanied by an adult and dine inside the restaurant to participate in the promotion.
Restaurants in the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin are participating in the promotion.
During the free breakfast promotion, students can choose from an Egg White Delight McMuffin, Egg McMuffin or Oatmeal for an entrée, and Minute Maid® orange juice, milk or water as a drink.
McDonald’s has a rich heritage and tradition of being a good community partner and neighbor, and a long-standing commitment to supporting education through World Children’s Day and Ronald McDonald House Charities. Local restaurants also host McTeacher’s Nights regularly throughout the school year to raise funds for schools.
McDonald’s of Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois is represented by 33 McDonald’s restaurants in Beloit, Wis., Rockford and surrounding communities.