- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Free breakfast for students at area McDonald’s Monday, March 3
Online Staff Report
Area McDonald’s restaurants will offer free breakfast for area third through eighth-grade students this Monday, March 3, from 6:30 to 9 a.m.
“Our McDonald’s Co-Op is proud to provide a balanced breakfast for students as they prepare to test,” said Guy Bucciferro, McDonald’s Co-op president for the southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois region. “We hope to encourage wholesome breakfast choices for children.”
The free breakfast is to prepare the students for the Illinois Standards Achievement Test. Students must be accompanied by an adult and dine inside the restaurant to participate in the promotion.
Restaurants in the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin are participating in the promotion.
During the free breakfast promotion, students can choose from an Egg White Delight McMuffin, Egg McMuffin or Oatmeal for an entrée, and Minute Maid® orange juice, milk or water as a drink.
McDonald’s has a rich heritage and tradition of being a good community partner and neighbor, and a long-standing commitment to supporting education through World Children’s Day and Ronald McDonald House Charities. Local restaurants also host McTeacher’s Nights regularly throughout the school year to raise funds for schools.
McDonald’s of Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois is represented by 33 McDonald’s restaurants in Beloit, Wis., Rockford and surrounding communities.