- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Free breakfast for students at area McDonald’s Monday, March 3
Online Staff Report
Area McDonald’s restaurants will offer free breakfast for area third through eighth-grade students this Monday, March 3, from 6:30 to 9 a.m.
“Our McDonald’s Co-Op is proud to provide a balanced breakfast for students as they prepare to test,” said Guy Bucciferro, McDonald’s Co-op president for the southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois region. “We hope to encourage wholesome breakfast choices for children.”
The free breakfast is to prepare the students for the Illinois Standards Achievement Test. Students must be accompanied by an adult and dine inside the restaurant to participate in the promotion.
Restaurants in the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin are participating in the promotion.
During the free breakfast promotion, students can choose from an Egg White Delight McMuffin, Egg McMuffin or Oatmeal for an entrée, and Minute Maid® orange juice, milk or water as a drink.
McDonald’s has a rich heritage and tradition of being a good community partner and neighbor, and a long-standing commitment to supporting education through World Children’s Day and Ronald McDonald House Charities. Local restaurants also host McTeacher’s Nights regularly throughout the school year to raise funds for schools.
McDonald’s of Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois is represented by 33 McDonald’s restaurants in Beloit, Wis., Rockford and surrounding communities.