- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
MELTFEST March 22 downtown Rockford
Online Staff Report
A downtown festival will help the Rockford community celebrate the melting of winter and first day of spring Saturday, March 22, along the Rock River.
Hosted by the Prairie Street Brewery, MELTFEST 2014 will feature indoor and outdoor vendors, trolley rides, ice skating, kids activities and live music by Missing Links and Unity the Band.
The event will be held between Prairie Street Brewhouse and the Riverview Icehouse, on Madison Street. The festival will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p. m. Cost is free.
A morning 5K run/walk and group bike ride will also be part of the event.
Proceeds will go to the Community Center Collaborative, a group of five area community centers: Harlem Community Center, Ken-Rock Community Center, Northwest Community Center, Patriots Gateway Community Center, and the Boys and Girls Club.
Advanced registration for the 5K and group bike ride is at meltfest.com. Information about sponsorship, becoming a vendor or volunteering is available by calling (815) 978-4228 or e-mailing email@example.com.
Prairie Street Brewery is at 200 Prairie St.