- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
MELTFEST March 22 downtown Rockford
Online Staff Report
A downtown festival will help the Rockford community celebrate the melting of winter and first day of spring Saturday, March 22, along the Rock River.
Hosted by the Prairie Street Brewery, MELTFEST 2014 will feature indoor and outdoor vendors, trolley rides, ice skating, kids activities and live music by Missing Links and Unity the Band.
The event will be held between Prairie Street Brewhouse and the Riverview Icehouse, on Madison Street. The festival will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p. m. Cost is free.
A morning 5K run/walk and group bike ride will also be part of the event.
Proceeds will go to the Community Center Collaborative, a group of five area community centers: Harlem Community Center, Ken-Rock Community Center, Northwest Community Center, Patriots Gateway Community Center, and the Boys and Girls Club.
Advanced registration for the 5K and group bike ride is at meltfest.com. Information about sponsorship, becoming a vendor or volunteering is available by calling (815) 978-4228 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prairie Street Brewery is at 200 Prairie St.