- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
MELTFEST March 22 downtown Rockford
Online Staff Report
A downtown festival will help the Rockford community celebrate the melting of winter and first day of spring Saturday, March 22, along the Rock River.
Hosted by the Prairie Street Brewery, MELTFEST 2014 will feature indoor and outdoor vendors, trolley rides, ice skating, kids activities and live music by Missing Links and Unity the Band.
The event will be held between Prairie Street Brewhouse and the Riverview Icehouse, on Madison Street. The festival will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p. m. Cost is free.
A morning 5K run/walk and group bike ride will also be part of the event.
Proceeds will go to the Community Center Collaborative, a group of five area community centers: Harlem Community Center, Ken-Rock Community Center, Northwest Community Center, Patriots Gateway Community Center, and the Boys and Girls Club.
Advanced registration for the 5K and group bike ride is at meltfest.com. Information about sponsorship, becoming a vendor or volunteering is available by calling (815) 978-4228 or e-mailing email@example.com.
Prairie Street Brewery is at 200 Prairie St.