- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
MELTFEST March 22 downtown Rockford
Online Staff Report
A downtown festival will help the Rockford community celebrate the melting of winter and first day of spring Saturday, March 22, along the Rock River.
Hosted by the Prairie Street Brewery, MELTFEST 2014 will feature indoor and outdoor vendors, trolley rides, ice skating, kids activities and live music by Missing Links and Unity the Band.
The event will be held between Prairie Street Brewhouse and the Riverview Icehouse, on Madison Street. The festival will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p. m. Cost is free.
A morning 5K run/walk and group bike ride will also be part of the event.
Proceeds will go to the Community Center Collaborative, a group of five area community centers: Harlem Community Center, Ken-Rock Community Center, Northwest Community Center, Patriots Gateway Community Center, and the Boys and Girls Club.
Advanced registration for the 5K and group bike ride is at meltfest.com. Information about sponsorship, becoming a vendor or volunteering is available by calling (815) 978-4228 or e-mailing email@example.com.
Prairie Street Brewery is at 200 Prairie St.