- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
MELTFEST March 22 downtown Rockford
Online Staff Report
A downtown festival will help the Rockford community celebrate the melting of winter and first day of spring Saturday, March 22, along the Rock River.
Hosted by the Prairie Street Brewery, MELTFEST 2014 will feature indoor and outdoor vendors, trolley rides, ice skating, kids activities and live music by Missing Links and Unity the Band.
The event will be held between Prairie Street Brewhouse and the Riverview Icehouse, on Madison Street. The festival will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p. m. Cost is free.
A morning 5K run/walk and group bike ride will also be part of the event.
Proceeds will go to the Community Center Collaborative, a group of five area community centers: Harlem Community Center, Ken-Rock Community Center, Northwest Community Center, Patriots Gateway Community Center, and the Boys and Girls Club.
Advanced registration for the 5K and group bike ride is at meltfest.com. Information about sponsorship, becoming a vendor or volunteering is available by calling (815) 978-4228 or e-mailing email@example.com.
Prairie Street Brewery is at 200 Prairie St.