- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Man found dead in pool
Online Staff Report
A 31-year-old Rockford man was pronounced dead Wednesday, after accidentally drowning in a condominium complex pool.
The incident happened Wednesday, March 6, when emergency teams were called to Cloisters of Forest Hills, in the 2900 block of Sunnyside Drive, and found the man at the bottom of the pool.
It is not known how the man fell into the pool. The victim did not live in the complex, police said. His name is being withheld pending notification of his family. An investigation is continuing.