- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Man found dead in pool
Online Staff Report
A 31-year-old Rockford man was pronounced dead Wednesday, after accidentally drowning in a condominium complex pool.
The incident happened Wednesday, March 6, when emergency teams were called to Cloisters of Forest Hills, in the 2900 block of Sunnyside Drive, and found the man at the bottom of the pool.
It is not known how the man fell into the pool. The victim did not live in the complex, police said. His name is being withheld pending notification of his family. An investigation is continuing.