- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Man found dead in pool
Online Staff Report
A 31-year-old Rockford man was pronounced dead Wednesday, after accidentally drowning in a condominium complex pool.
The incident happened Wednesday, March 6, when emergency teams were called to Cloisters of Forest Hills, in the 2900 block of Sunnyside Drive, and found the man at the bottom of the pool.
It is not known how the man fell into the pool. The victim did not live in the complex, police said. His name is being withheld pending notification of his family. An investigation is continuing.