- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Police investigate homicide on Parkside Avenue
Online Staff Report
Rockford Police are investigating an apparent homicide on the city’s northwest side, authorities announced Sunday.
At approximately 8:27 a.m., Sunday, March 9, Rockford Police responded to a report of an unresponsive individual lying in the alley behind a house at 3215 Parkside Ave. Rockford Fire paramedics also responded and
determined that the individual was deceased.
The victim has been identified as 46-year-old Robert O’Hern, of Rockford. He died of a single gunshot wound to the head, police said. O’Hern’s blue Chevrolet Monte Carlo was stolen from the scene. It is believed O’Hern was shot sometime Saturday night or early Sunday morning.
The victim lived at the Parkside address.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Rockford Police Department at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-7867.