- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Police investigate homicide on Parkside Avenue
Online Staff Report
Rockford Police are investigating an apparent homicide on the city’s northwest side, authorities announced Sunday.
At approximately 8:27 a.m., Sunday, March 9, Rockford Police responded to a report of an unresponsive individual lying in the alley behind a house at 3215 Parkside Ave. Rockford Fire paramedics also responded and
determined that the individual was deceased.
The victim has been identified as 46-year-old Robert O’Hern, of Rockford. He died of a single gunshot wound to the head, police said. O’Hern’s blue Chevrolet Monte Carlo was stolen from the scene. It is believed O’Hern was shot sometime Saturday night or early Sunday morning.
The victim lived at the Parkside address.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Rockford Police Department at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-7867.