- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Police investigate homicide on Parkside Avenue
Online Staff Report
Rockford Police are investigating an apparent homicide on the city’s northwest side, authorities announced Sunday.
At approximately 8:27 a.m., Sunday, March 9, Rockford Police responded to a report of an unresponsive individual lying in the alley behind a house at 3215 Parkside Ave. Rockford Fire paramedics also responded and
determined that the individual was deceased.
The victim has been identified as 46-year-old Robert O’Hern, of Rockford. He died of a single gunshot wound to the head, police said. O’Hern’s blue Chevrolet Monte Carlo was stolen from the scene. It is believed O’Hern was shot sometime Saturday night or early Sunday morning.
The victim lived at the Parkside address.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Rockford Police Department at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-7867.