- State Roundup: Cook County relaxing pot prosecutions
- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
Police investigate homicide on Parkside Avenue
Online Staff Report
Rockford Police are investigating an apparent homicide on the city’s northwest side, authorities announced Sunday.
At approximately 8:27 a.m., Sunday, March 9, Rockford Police responded to a report of an unresponsive individual lying in the alley behind a house at 3215 Parkside Ave. Rockford Fire paramedics also responded and
determined that the individual was deceased.
The victim has been identified as 46-year-old Robert O’Hern, of Rockford. He died of a single gunshot wound to the head, police said. O’Hern’s blue Chevrolet Monte Carlo was stolen from the scene. It is believed O’Hern was shot sometime Saturday night or early Sunday morning.
The victim lived at the Parkside address.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Rockford Police Department at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-7867.