- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Police investigate homicide on Parkside Avenue
Online Staff Report
Rockford Police are investigating an apparent homicide on the city’s northwest side, authorities announced Sunday.
At approximately 8:27 a.m., Sunday, March 9, Rockford Police responded to a report of an unresponsive individual lying in the alley behind a house at 3215 Parkside Ave. Rockford Fire paramedics also responded and
determined that the individual was deceased.
The victim has been identified as 46-year-old Robert O’Hern, of Rockford. He died of a single gunshot wound to the head, police said. O’Hern’s blue Chevrolet Monte Carlo was stolen from the scene. It is believed O’Hern was shot sometime Saturday night or early Sunday morning.
The victim lived at the Parkside address.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Rockford Police Department at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-7867.