- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Comedian Bill Maher to perform at the Coronado PAC June 7
Comedian Bill Maher will be performing at Rockford’s Coronado Performing Arts Center Saturday, June 7. Tickets are on sale through all Ticketmaster outlets, including Ticketmaster.com. Also purchase tickets for Bill Maher at the Coronado Box Office or by calling (815) 968-0595. Ticket prices start at $50. For more information, visit coronadopac.org.
Maher has been setting the boundaries for funny political talk on American television for the last 17 years. First on Politically Incorrect (Comedy Central, ABC, 1993-2002), and for the last eight years on HBO’s Real Time, Maher’s combination of unflinching honesty and big laughs have garnered him 26 Emmy nominations. In October 2008, this same combination was on display in Maher’s uproarious and unprecedented swipe at organized religion, Religulous, directed by Larry Charles (Borat). The documentary has gone on to become the seventh-highest grossing documentary ever.
In addition to his television program, which has featured regular visitors such as John Edwards, Ben Affleck, Robin Williams, Arianna Huffington, Alec Baldwin and Michael Moore, Maher has written four bestsellers: True Story, Does Anybody Have a Problem with That? Politically Incorrect’s Greatest Hits, When You Ride Alone, You Ride with Bin Laden and most recently, New Rules: Polite Musings from a Timid Observer.
From the March 12-18, 2014 issue