- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Finalists for RVC president to be featured in series of forums
Rockford’s Rock Valley College (RVC) will host community forums and receptions for each of the four finalists recently announced for its college president position.
The forums will be on the following dates and times with the indicated finalist in the Student Center Atrium on RVC’s main campus (3301 N. Mulford Road):
- Tuesday, March 18, 6-8 p.m.: Elizabeth Burmaster;
- Thursday, March 20, 6-8 p.m.: John Hogan;
- Monday, March 24, 6-8 p.m.: Laura Urban; and
- Wednesday, March 26, 6-8 p.m.: Michael Mastroianni.
The forums are open to anyone in the community who wishes to attend. Beginning at 6 p.m. for each forum, the candidate will introduce himself or herself briefly and will then answer questions from the audience. The sessions will all conclude with a meet-and-greet opportunity with the candidates.
For those who are unable to attend, all four forums will be streamed live and may also be watched at a later date. For a link to the video feeds as well as additional information about each of the finalists, visit rockvalleycollege.edu/finalists.
Contact Ann Kerwitz at (815) 921-4001 for more information.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition