- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Finalists for RVC president to be featured in series of forums
Rockford’s Rock Valley College (RVC) will host community forums and receptions for each of the four finalists recently announced for its college president position.
The forums will be on the following dates and times with the indicated finalist in the Student Center Atrium on RVC’s main campus (3301 N. Mulford Road):
- Tuesday, March 18, 6-8 p.m.: Elizabeth Burmaster;
- Thursday, March 20, 6-8 p.m.: John Hogan;
- Monday, March 24, 6-8 p.m.: Laura Urban; and
- Wednesday, March 26, 6-8 p.m.: Michael Mastroianni.
The forums are open to anyone in the community who wishes to attend. Beginning at 6 p.m. for each forum, the candidate will introduce himself or herself briefly and will then answer questions from the audience. The sessions will all conclude with a meet-and-greet opportunity with the candidates.
For those who are unable to attend, all four forums will be streamed live and may also be watched at a later date. For a link to the video feeds as well as additional information about each of the finalists, visit rockvalleycollege.edu/finalists.
Contact Ann Kerwitz at (815) 921-4001 for more information.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition