- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Jan Asprooth named RHS Employee of the Year for 2013
Jan Asprooth, a customer service representative in the Outreach Lab at Rockford Memorial Hospital, has been named 2013 Employee of the Year by Rockford Health System (RHS). Asprooth was selected from 12 candidates who earned Employee of the Month awards throughout the year.
Asprooth has worked at RHS for 35 years. She began her career at as an outpatient registration clerk in Admitting in 1979. In her current position as a customer service representative, she answers phones for inpatient and outpatient lab inquiries. According to her supervisor, Nicole Radford, Asprooth is successful at her job because she has such a kind, sweet and calming spirit.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition