- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Kantorei unveils 50th anniversary CD, ‘How Can I Keep From Singing?’
Kantorei, The Singing Boys of Rockford, has released a new CD celebrating its 50th anniversary. The CD, titled How Can I Keep From Singing?, features 75 minutes of songs performed by local singers, ages 7-18 from around northern Illinois.
“This is a wonderful CD that highlights some of the best songs performed by the Kantorei choir,” said Dennis Harezlak, Kantorei Board member. “It is a great way to celebrate Kantorei’s 50-year history while entertaining anyone who enjoys superior choral performances. The new CD is a lasting testament to the retiring Kantorei director, Joel Ross. Kantorei is currently searching for a new full-time director.”
How Can I Keep From Singing? includes an array of songs, including “I Will Sing With the Spirit,” “Cry Out and Shout,” “Amazing Grace” and “Ride the Chariot.”
The 2013-14 season is Kantorei’s 50th anniversary season and is celebrating making a difference in the lives of hundreds of young men. For more information about how to order the 50th anniversary CD, How Can I Keep From Singing?, visit www.kantorei.com or call the business office at (815) 963-2544.
Kantorei, The Singing Boys of Rockford, is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization that serves boys ages 7-18 in the northern Illinois area. Founded in 1964 by Linden Lundstrom (1913-1996), the organization continues to be dedicated to its original mission: to provide an outstanding musical and cultural education while instilling in each member the rewards of self-discipline, responsibility, and dedication toward common goals. The 2013-14 season is Kantorei’s 50th anniversary season.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition