- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Kantorei unveils 50th anniversary CD, ‘How Can I Keep From Singing?’
Kantorei, The Singing Boys of Rockford, has released a new CD celebrating its 50th anniversary. The CD, titled How Can I Keep From Singing?, features 75 minutes of songs performed by local singers, ages 7-18 from around northern Illinois.
“This is a wonderful CD that highlights some of the best songs performed by the Kantorei choir,” said Dennis Harezlak, Kantorei Board member. “It is a great way to celebrate Kantorei’s 50-year history while entertaining anyone who enjoys superior choral performances. The new CD is a lasting testament to the retiring Kantorei director, Joel Ross. Kantorei is currently searching for a new full-time director.”
How Can I Keep From Singing? includes an array of songs, including “I Will Sing With the Spirit,” “Cry Out and Shout,” “Amazing Grace” and “Ride the Chariot.”
The 2013-14 season is Kantorei’s 50th anniversary season and is celebrating making a difference in the lives of hundreds of young men. For more information about how to order the 50th anniversary CD, How Can I Keep From Singing?, visit www.kantorei.com or call the business office at (815) 963-2544.
Kantorei, The Singing Boys of Rockford, is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization that serves boys ages 7-18 in the northern Illinois area. Founded in 1964 by Linden Lundstrom (1913-1996), the organization continues to be dedicated to its original mission: to provide an outstanding musical and cultural education while instilling in each member the rewards of self-discipline, responsibility, and dedication toward common goals. The 2013-14 season is Kantorei’s 50th anniversary season.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition