- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Kantorei unveils 50th anniversary CD, ‘How Can I Keep From Singing?’
Kantorei, The Singing Boys of Rockford, has released a new CD celebrating its 50th anniversary. The CD, titled How Can I Keep From Singing?, features 75 minutes of songs performed by local singers, ages 7-18 from around northern Illinois.
“This is a wonderful CD that highlights some of the best songs performed by the Kantorei choir,” said Dennis Harezlak, Kantorei Board member. “It is a great way to celebrate Kantorei’s 50-year history while entertaining anyone who enjoys superior choral performances. The new CD is a lasting testament to the retiring Kantorei director, Joel Ross. Kantorei is currently searching for a new full-time director.”
How Can I Keep From Singing? includes an array of songs, including “I Will Sing With the Spirit,” “Cry Out and Shout,” “Amazing Grace” and “Ride the Chariot.”
The 2013-14 season is Kantorei’s 50th anniversary season and is celebrating making a difference in the lives of hundreds of young men. For more information about how to order the 50th anniversary CD, How Can I Keep From Singing?, visit www.kantorei.com or call the business office at (815) 963-2544.
Kantorei, The Singing Boys of Rockford, is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization that serves boys ages 7-18 in the northern Illinois area. Founded in 1964 by Linden Lundstrom (1913-1996), the organization continues to be dedicated to its original mission: to provide an outstanding musical and cultural education while instilling in each member the rewards of self-discipline, responsibility, and dedication toward common goals. The 2013-14 season is Kantorei’s 50th anniversary season.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition