- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
Man on probation for prior drug offense charged with possession with intent to deliver cocaine
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man on probation for a prior drug arrest has been arrested and charged with possession with intent to deliver less than 1 gram of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a church.
Jeffrey R. Whitaker, 23, of Rockford, was arrested following a Rockford police investigation of reports of a subject living in the upper apartment at 707 King St. being involved with the delivery of crack cocaine.
A search of the apartment yielded a small amount of suspected crack cocaine, United States currency and other items associated with drug trafficking.
Whitaker is being held at Winnebago County Jail.
Posted March 12, 2014