- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Man on probation for prior drug offense charged with possession with intent to deliver cocaine
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man on probation for a prior drug arrest has been arrested and charged with possession with intent to deliver less than 1 gram of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a church.
Jeffrey R. Whitaker, 23, of Rockford, was arrested following a Rockford police investigation of reports of a subject living in the upper apartment at 707 King St. being involved with the delivery of crack cocaine.
A search of the apartment yielded a small amount of suspected crack cocaine, United States currency and other items associated with drug trafficking.
Whitaker is being held at Winnebago County Jail.
Posted March 12, 2014