- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Man on probation for prior drug offense charged with possession with intent to deliver cocaine
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man on probation for a prior drug arrest has been arrested and charged with possession with intent to deliver less than 1 gram of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a church.
Jeffrey R. Whitaker, 23, of Rockford, was arrested following a Rockford police investigation of reports of a subject living in the upper apartment at 707 King St. being involved with the delivery of crack cocaine.
A search of the apartment yielded a small amount of suspected crack cocaine, United States currency and other items associated with drug trafficking.
Whitaker is being held at Winnebago County Jail.
Posted March 12, 2014