- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Man on probation for prior drug offense charged with possession with intent to deliver cocaine
Online Staff Report
A Rockford man on probation for a prior drug arrest has been arrested and charged with possession with intent to deliver less than 1 gram of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a church.
Jeffrey R. Whitaker, 23, of Rockford, was arrested following a Rockford police investigation of reports of a subject living in the upper apartment at 707 King St. being involved with the delivery of crack cocaine.
A search of the apartment yielded a small amount of suspected crack cocaine, United States currency and other items associated with drug trafficking.
Whitaker is being held at Winnebago County Jail.
Posted March 12, 2014