- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
March 15 deadline for ComEd Green Region Program
ComEd and Openlands are partnering for a second year to offer grants through the ComEd Green Region Program. The program is accepting applications; the deadline to submit is March 15.
To begin an application, visit https://openlands.submittable.com/submit.
Who is eligible to apply?
Municipalities, townships, counties, park districts, conservation districts and forest preserve districts within ComEd’s service territory in the following counties are eligible: Boone, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, LaSalle, Lee, Livingston, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside, Will and Winnebago. Applicants must be in good standing with ComEd related to provision of utilities.
How can I apply?
The 2014 grant cycle has moved to an online submission system. Visit https://openlands.submittable.com/submit to begin your application. If you prefer to submit your application via e-mail or mail, contact the Green Region Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive pre-approval and instructions about how to submit.
What does the ComEd Green Region Program support?
The grants, which can go up to $10,000, will support existing open space projects that focus on conservation, preservation and improvements to local parks and recreation resources.
Grant recipients can use Green Region grants in combination with other funding sources to cover a portion of the expenses associated with developing and/or supporting their open space programs.
Visit Openlands’ website to access additional information about the ComEd Green Region Program, review the Program Guidelines, browse the Frequently Asked Questions, and see the timeline for the program.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition