- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
March 15 deadline for ComEd Green Region Program
ComEd and Openlands are partnering for a second year to offer grants through the ComEd Green Region Program. The program is accepting applications; the deadline to submit is March 15.
To begin an application, visit https://openlands.submittable.com/submit.
Who is eligible to apply?
Municipalities, townships, counties, park districts, conservation districts and forest preserve districts within ComEd’s service territory in the following counties are eligible: Boone, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, LaSalle, Lee, Livingston, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside, Will and Winnebago. Applicants must be in good standing with ComEd related to provision of utilities.
How can I apply?
The 2014 grant cycle has moved to an online submission system. Visit https://openlands.submittable.com/submit to begin your application. If you prefer to submit your application via e-mail or mail, contact the Green Region Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive pre-approval and instructions about how to submit.
What does the ComEd Green Region Program support?
The grants, which can go up to $10,000, will support existing open space projects that focus on conservation, preservation and improvements to local parks and recreation resources.
Grant recipients can use Green Region grants in combination with other funding sources to cover a portion of the expenses associated with developing and/or supporting their open space programs.
Visit Openlands’ website to access additional information about the ComEd Green Region Program, review the Program Guidelines, browse the Frequently Asked Questions, and see the timeline for the program.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition