- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Music of the ’40s featured in ‘Music On Main’ with the Nightingale Trio March 13
Travel back to the 1940s with the Nightingale Trio and Ron Foran at Mendelssohn’s “Music on Main … Classically Inspired” series at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, March 13. The performance will be at Mendelssohn’s historic Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
The Nightingale Trio, consisting of Marsha Martin, Cathy Herdeman and Elizabeth LaGrande O’Leary, has been singing together since 2006, specializing in pop music of the 1930s and 1940s. This performance will feature music from the ’40s with special guest Ron Foran and accompanist Rulee Stallman.
Songs you will hear at this performance include: “A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square,” “Chattanooga Choo Choo,” “Don’t Fence Me In,” “Don’t Sit Under the Apple Tree,” “It’s Been a Long, Long Time,” “Sentimental Journey,” “Boo Hoo” and “Mairzy Doats.”
Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for students up to age 25. Reservations are not required, but tickets may be purchased online at www.mendelssohnpac.org, by calling (815) 964-9713 or at the door. All seating is first come, first serve.
From the March 12-18, 2014