- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Opening for Belvidere Planning and Zoning Commission
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The City of Belvidere is seeking applicants to serve on the Planning and Zoning Commission. The commission is composed of seven members appointed by the mayor and approved by the city council for five-year terms.
The Planning and Zoning Commission serves as the public hearing and recommending body on planning and zoning considerations for requests such as special uses, re-zonings, variances and subdivisions in the community.
The commission follows the guidelines of the adopted Zoning Ordinance and Comprehensive Plan, with the general purpose of regulating, guiding and improving the harmonious development of the city in the best interest of the public.
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets monthly on the second Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the Belvidere City Council chambers.
Interested applicants shall forward a résumé to Mayor Mike Chamberlain, City of Belvidere, 401 Whitney Blvd., Belvidere, IL 61008.
For additional information, contract the Planning Department at (815) 544-5271, Mayor Chamberlain at (815) 547-4085 or see the city’s website at ci.belvidere.il.us.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition