- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Opening for Belvidere Planning and Zoning Commission
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The City of Belvidere is seeking applicants to serve on the Planning and Zoning Commission. The commission is composed of seven members appointed by the mayor and approved by the city council for five-year terms.
The Planning and Zoning Commission serves as the public hearing and recommending body on planning and zoning considerations for requests such as special uses, re-zonings, variances and subdivisions in the community.
The commission follows the guidelines of the adopted Zoning Ordinance and Comprehensive Plan, with the general purpose of regulating, guiding and improving the harmonious development of the city in the best interest of the public.
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets monthly on the second Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the Belvidere City Council chambers.
Interested applicants shall forward a résumé to Mayor Mike Chamberlain, City of Belvidere, 401 Whitney Blvd., Belvidere, IL 61008.
For additional information, contract the Planning Department at (815) 544-5271, Mayor Chamberlain at (815) 547-4085 or see the city’s website at ci.belvidere.il.us.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition