- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Opening for Belvidere Planning and Zoning Commission
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The City of Belvidere is seeking applicants to serve on the Planning and Zoning Commission. The commission is composed of seven members appointed by the mayor and approved by the city council for five-year terms.
The Planning and Zoning Commission serves as the public hearing and recommending body on planning and zoning considerations for requests such as special uses, re-zonings, variances and subdivisions in the community.
The commission follows the guidelines of the adopted Zoning Ordinance and Comprehensive Plan, with the general purpose of regulating, guiding and improving the harmonious development of the city in the best interest of the public.
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets monthly on the second Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the Belvidere City Council chambers.
Interested applicants shall forward a résumé to Mayor Mike Chamberlain, City of Belvidere, 401 Whitney Blvd., Belvidere, IL 61008.
For additional information, contract the Planning Department at (815) 544-5271, Mayor Chamberlain at (815) 547-4085 or see the city’s website at ci.belvidere.il.us.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition