- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Opening for Belvidere Planning and Zoning Commission
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The City of Belvidere is seeking applicants to serve on the Planning and Zoning Commission. The commission is composed of seven members appointed by the mayor and approved by the city council for five-year terms.
The Planning and Zoning Commission serves as the public hearing and recommending body on planning and zoning considerations for requests such as special uses, re-zonings, variances and subdivisions in the community.
The commission follows the guidelines of the adopted Zoning Ordinance and Comprehensive Plan, with the general purpose of regulating, guiding and improving the harmonious development of the city in the best interest of the public.
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets monthly on the second Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the Belvidere City Council chambers.
Interested applicants shall forward a résumé to Mayor Mike Chamberlain, City of Belvidere, 401 Whitney Blvd., Belvidere, IL 61008.
For additional information, contract the Planning Department at (815) 544-5271, Mayor Chamberlain at (815) 547-4085 or see the city’s website at ci.belvidere.il.us.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition