- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Rockford author reconciles Bible and science in new book
In her new book, The Bible Said It First, author Joan Keener shows readers that Bible and science do, indeed, coincide with one another and, in fact, the Bible having “discovered” things first.
Is the Bible true? Is God’s Word relevant to people’s lives today? Are science and the Bible at odds? These are just some of the many questions that play on people’s minds when the Bible and science are talked about.
In this book, Keener has cultivated a collection of biblical statements and events that were verified by scientists thousands of years later. Whether it’s the stars in the sky, the sands of the seashore, or the creatures of the earth and sky, all of God’s creations declare his glory. Whenever science makes a new breakthrough, Keener reminds readers to remember that “The Bible Said It First.”
Published by Tate Publishing and Enterprises, the book is available through bookstores nationwide, from the publisher at www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore, or by visiting barnesandnoble.com or amazon.com.
Keener has written three children’s books with the theme of “God the Creator Did It First.” She also is an independent contractor for Sunday School Papers and has had more than 135 articles published.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition