- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Rockford author reconciles Bible and science in new book
In her new book, The Bible Said It First, author Joan Keener shows readers that Bible and science do, indeed, coincide with one another and, in fact, the Bible having “discovered” things first.
Is the Bible true? Is God’s Word relevant to people’s lives today? Are science and the Bible at odds? These are just some of the many questions that play on people’s minds when the Bible and science are talked about.
In this book, Keener has cultivated a collection of biblical statements and events that were verified by scientists thousands of years later. Whether it’s the stars in the sky, the sands of the seashore, or the creatures of the earth and sky, all of God’s creations declare his glory. Whenever science makes a new breakthrough, Keener reminds readers to remember that “The Bible Said It First.”
Published by Tate Publishing and Enterprises, the book is available through bookstores nationwide, from the publisher at www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore, or by visiting barnesandnoble.com or amazon.com.
Keener has written three children’s books with the theme of “God the Creator Did It First.” She also is an independent contractor for Sunday School Papers and has had more than 135 articles published.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition